Halloween Lockdown Day, Anyone Else?

Quote:
Welcome naake! I love bantams. I have cochins. And, for large fowl, I love the barred rock, my DH loves the coloring too. Are your barred rock large fowl, or bantam?

Quote:
Now wait, you can't take the egg holders out? Why not? I have an egg turner I take out. Are you talking about using an egg carton? I would just put them in the middle then if that's what you are doing.
Egg carton, I do believe you keep in there to hatch. Lots of info on here, just type it in, look it up. In the meantime we...
pop.gif

Quote:
Now wait, you can't take the egg holders out? Why not? I have an egg turner I take out. Are you talking about using an egg carton? I would just put them in the middle then if that's what you are doing.
Egg carton, I do believe you keep in there to hatch. Lots of info on here, just type it in, look it up. In the meantime we...
pop.gif

the egg holders are on metal turners. I yanked on one and it didn't budge, but I'll google and see if maybe there's a trick to it.

Ah shucks. I candled tonight, and I had two quitters. I have 6 lavender cochin eggs now. Hang in there other babies.

Hey Quacker, how are those eggs coming along? I'm going to get things ready for lock down tonight. Will get the humidity up, have the shelf liner in, and eggs out of turner, oh, and one last candling to make sure I'm putting in live babies.
smile.png
Tomorrow no more turning.
smile.png

Quote:
Well, lock down is tmw!! My humidity has been going nutty but I think it's stable now. So I haven't candled in 2 days. But they're at that point where I can really see anything except for a full egg and air sac... So not really sure what to look for anyway! I'm excited!

Also got 28 more silkies in Auction coming next week. (from luckypickens) So I'm excited about those too. Oh and I put 9 silkie/sizzles in from emvickers, and have 10 more duck eggs to put in.

I think I have a problem...Might need to buy another incubator.. just sayin'.

Quote:
Well, lock down is tmw!! My humidity has been going nutty but I think it's stable now. So I haven't candled in 2 days. But they're at that point where I can really see anything except for a full egg and air sac... So not really sure what to look for anyway! I'm excited!

Also got 28 more silkies in Auction coming next week. (from luckypickens) So I'm excited about those too. Oh and I put 9 silkie/sizzles in from emvickers, and have 10 more duck eggs to put in.

Problem? Could it be called, hatching addiction? A few of us have that going on.
wink.png

I love luckypickins, she is great to work with, and has beautiful birds..didn't know she had silkies, but then I wasn't looking at those..I like the cochins.
You must have a lot of land to have chickens and ducks. I'm always wishing I had a lot of land.

Quote:

Problem? Could it be called, hatching addiction? A few of us have that going on.
wink.png

I love luckypickins, she is great to work with, and has beautiful birds..didn't know she had silkies, but then I wasn't looking at those..I like the cochins.
You must have a lot of land to have chickens and ducks. I'm always wishing I had a lot of land.

You know what, they are cochins... I had silkies on the brain. Got some of them going too. And we don't have a lot of land... yet. (The place we were looking at just sold today..
sad.png
I'm pretty bummed.) But we have a HUGE backyard. And wonderful neighbors. We are looking though. I was raised on a farm and want my girls to have that same experience. My parents have a 60 acre farm, but I'm keeping my birds close to me for right now instead of driving out there everyday.
My ducks I'm selling as day olds so they won't be sticking around.
sad.png

Speaking of ducks.. I candled tonight, for the last time... until tmw.. and my air cells are sloped now.
yippiechickie.gif

Mine is a few days later, the 2nd. My first hatching.
fl.gif

It's driving me nuts to look at the temperatures/humidity, candle eggs, wait, wait, wait, wait.... I am so scared nothing is going to make it.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Mine too. I'm a nervous wreck if I let myself think about it too much. I know they're in there now... but I'm worried about them getting out! Post pics when you get somethin'!!

Back
Top Bottom