Hamburg thread!

Pics
I just sold my entire SSH flock. I loved them, but the heat here was too much. Anyone else have trouble with the Hamburgs and heat?
I was also working on a Chamois Hamburg project. It will still be going on, at their new home.
If anyone has a Chamois looking Hamburg I would be interested in eggs.
Here is a picture of my F1 project birds. I have F2 chicks right now. I'm hoping F2 loses the top hat and beard. But now I need some new blood in the mix.

SSH chick

The yellow ones are my F2s

I love the look of these birds but it seems.most people are raising bantams not lf? Is anybody on here working on SOP LF breed preservation?

I got mine from pourly poultry and they are great... mine free range, are very friendly at feeding time :) and standard size and out of all of my birds last year this is the only one that I have not lost a single bird! :) and the roo is super nice and beautiful! I am hatching eggs now... 2 SS Hamburg, and 3 s sussex.... they are under a sebright hen :):) what a good mommy

The yellow one looks to be pure ss hamburg :) the other striped one in the front is from a s sussex egg father unknown but I do not have a sussex roo so it is a mix for sure... but looks just like my pure baby s sussex did at hatch... the two in the back... one is blue the other black both with coppery heads and green legs probably from my EE roo... one is from a ss hamburg egg the other a s sussex egg... one s sussex egg still to hatch

Where did these come from and/or do you sell eggs, chicks or adults?

I got most of them from My Pet Chicken. None of the hens were show quality, by roo was very nice tho. I would not get them from MPC again. I would get them from Meyer Hatchery. I had someone give me two very nice hens and the roo I raised from one of my eggs.

I just sold the entire flock, but I do have chicks now, and eggs in the Incubator. But I should be able to get eggs from this flock, as they now belong to a friend. They are all molting right now, so it will be a little bit. Where are you? I am in CA.

Thanks...:) I did love them, and they were my best foragers, eating bugs!
They are in southern Cal now at a friend/biz partner's house. We can still get you chicks and/or eggs.

Back
Top Bottom