Hamburg thread!

Pics
Yes her comb hasn't developed either but I think that's normal from what I've read. We got her and the isa browns age 15weeks from the same farm and the moment they were put together they've been fine. Introduced 2 more isa Browns a month or so after (same age, same farm), the Hamburg had one fight with one of them but after that they were all friends! I'm a beginner myself really so probably not the best person to ask!

ok thanks. mine is only 4 months and comb is not well developed so I was wondering about that. This is our first hamburg. Got her at a show Saturday. she has a wing that didn't develop due to it getting caught in the incubator apparently. also looks like one of her toes was broke as it looks bent. she will be loved anyways! she is still kept indoors right now, her last home had her inside. when should I introduce her to the outdoor coop and pen with my other chickens and ducks?  and how should I do that?

Yes her comb hasn't developed either but I think that's normal from what I've read. We got her and the isa browns age 15weeks from the same farm and the moment they were put together they've been fine. Introduced 2 more isa Browns a month or so after (same age, same farm), the Hamburg had one fight with one of them but after that they were all friends! I'm a beginner myself really so probably not the best person to ask!
thank you! we have another arctic push here in Western MA, so she won't be going outside until this pushes through!

My trio of hamburgs have been taking this artic vortex thing pretty well! They have been out and about all day today!
I sware I dont know how they do it! I was dreading going outside this morning to fill up water bowls!

Last edited:
That's good to know! I've heard that they are known for their dependable laying, but it's great to hear from someone who actually owns them! :thumbsup  

Sure thing. :)
Just this morning she layed her first egg of the year. It's the lovely white one. The rest are buff orpington and barred rock eggs.

I thought I would post a current picture of our little flock of SS Hamburgs. They are 23 weeks old today. One of the girls is outside the photo, she wasn't in the mood to get her picture taken, I guess.
lol.png

And here is Hephaestus in all his teenage glory! Lol!

I have ordered golden penciled Hamburgs for this spring, but my spring is still several months off......

I am not quite sure how I am going to be patient!!

They are SO worth the wait! Quirky and smart, beautiful too!

My whole flock is made up of Hamburgs at this point and I am so happy with them. They're 26 weeks old right now and just so amazing!
love.gif

Edited to add- I'd love to have some of the Golden penciled Hamburgs at some point, we only have the Silver Spangled Hamburgs right now.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I have a quick question. I have a rescue rooster, Finn. Everyone is saying he looks like a golden spangled hamburg, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think? You all seem to be experts on this breed!

Back
Top Bottom