RIP 1975-2022
6 Years
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
20180629_105229.jpg
20180629_105224.jpg
20180629_105139.jpg
20180629_105202.jpg
Yes hammerhead worms! Just an FYI especially for folks in the southeast of the U.S that hammerhead worms are BAD this year! For those that don't know hammerhead worms are an invasive species that feed on earthworms, they produce the same neurotoxin as puffer fish so obviously they aren't on the dinner menu. I found this big fella under a paint can, these are easily identified as it is a worm with a hammerhead.:)

For those that don't know hammerhead worms are an invasive species that feed on earthworms, they produce the same neurotoxin as puffer fish so obviously they aren't on the dinner menu.
YIKES!! So would they kill a chicken if they ate one?
Off to google more info.

I'm grateful daily I don't live in the south.
Me Too!! ...never regretted moving back to the great north 35 years ago.

South Carolina, sorry about the location I put it like that in fun.
:rolleyes:

View attachment 1449228 View attachment 1449229 View attachment 1449230 View attachment 1449231 Yes hammerhead worms! Just an FYI especially for folks in the southeast of the U.S that hammerhead worms are BAD this year! For those that don't know hammerhead worms are an invasive species that feed on earthworms, they produce the same neurotoxin as puffer fish so obviously they aren't on the dinner menu. I found this big fella under a paint can, these are easily identified as it is a worm with a hammerhead.:)
:sick:sick:sick

I would think they could, or if a chicken ate a normal earthworm that had been subdued but not eaten by the hammerhead yet.
YIKES!! So would they kill a chicken if they ate one?
Off to google more info.

Me Too!! ...never regretted moving back to the great north 35 years ago.

:rolleyes:
I will change it back!:lau

Honestly I wonder if this isn't what got my EE. Her abdomen was slightly squishy so I thought water belly. The thing is she ate alot of earthworms, i'd see her pull them up all day. I saw her not an hour earlier just being a chicken, at lunch she was in a perfect sitting position dead as a hammer.

Back
Top Bottom