Hamster owners, I need help!

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Ok, so a couple of month ago, I got 2 male dwarf hamsters dumped on me (they couldn't find a home and I felt bad for them going backwards and forwards so I took them in). Everything was fine between them, they had the odd little scrap but it was very rare. But now, the pecking order has changed. The white one is now above the brown one and is being really nasty to him. The brown one has even moved his bed to a different side of the cage. I think the white one has bit him in his privates in between his legs too. The white one will also pounce on him when he is running on the wheel even though there is another one and theres also fights several times daily. Should I seperate? Would they be upset if I seperated them? Should I give it another few days just in case the white one wants to feel secure as the boss?

I agree with cafarmgirl, you probably would want to seperate them and if they look lonely give them like 15 min. a day together if you can.
Best wishes -Hannah!!!!! :yiipchick

You could try putting some kind of thin wire barrier in the middle of the cage to separate them, but that way they would still be able to see each other. Good luck, Johnn! :)

Back
Top Bottom