Hand Rearing a Gosling

Ruthey

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2023
Many thanks to all those comments and suggestions. Forgot to say that our geese are totally free range and wander over our 4 acres as they wish. Have started wandering with them and the new goslings (with the baby). She is about 2 or 3 days younger than them and is not taking any notice when they call and in fact just runs back to me if they get too close. But will carry on annd see what happens. I have put a mirror where she cann see herself.

what if you had someone or a couple someones quick run a temp fence around the whole gaggle and put the baby in there with them (not you though, so she doesnt try to get out and follow you)

Hi Jen. What a good idea. We have an enclosure which was used when the original geese arrived. I still put feed in there in the evening and the new mum took her babies in last night, accompanied by her 3 goose guardians!! Managed to get our little one fairly near to her mum today, but she suddently panicked and ran and hid behind my feet. Will keep at it and am hoping that as she gets bigger she will get braver.

Back
Top Bottom