Hands on hatching and help

I took the shell away from the bruised part and applied coconut oil but it's still hard to see it

Lot of gooey in there... take a qtip and try to roll it and get some of that to wrap around the end and out of the way... also, use a qtip and gently probe around inside and see if you can feel where the bill is...

Lot of gooey in there... take a qtip and try to roll it and get some of that to wrap around the end and out of the way... also, use a qtip and gently probe around inside and see if you can feel where the bill is...
Yeah i think my incubator is rubbish as I've had a lot of ducklings hatch gooey! Ok I'll try that now

That's a malpo, trying to internal and external pip right there... make a tiny hole in the shell and pop off enough pieces to clear around that whole 'bruise spot'... run your finger over the membrane and you should feel the bill... put some coconut oil across it to see if you can make any veins visible and open up the membrane to find the bill... :fl it's still alive, they can suffocate quickly once they try to pip and have missed the air cell...
Good info! Had this happen and no idea why...sadly mine didn't hatch....but I know for next time! By the way...here are the ducklings you guys helped me hatch.....11 weeks old now!
IMG_5011.jpg

Still can't find it I've seen its foot it's kind of near the hole I made. This is really difficult :he

If it didn't bleed when you opened it, go ahead and widen the hole... some can breath just fine once there is a hole, but with that goo and turning, there's just no telling if it's nares might get covered/clogged... :(

If it didn't bleed when you opened it, go ahead and widen the hole... some can breath just fine once there is a hole, but with that goo and turning, there's just no telling if it's nares might get covered/clogged... :(
Ok I just need to find my tweezers as they've disappeared! It only bled a drop and if I shine my light in I can see if there's any veins

Um guys.. this duckling has no eyes and a underbite :eek: it's the strangest looking thing I've ever seen it!!! I managed to get its head out it was tucked way under there but I'm in complete shock right now.

Attachments

• IMG_7413.JPG
    IMG_7413.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom