Hands on hatching and help

This would be your first ever "set". Hope they hatch soon!! First question is what was the date you put the eggs in the incubator? 60% humidity would be to low for me for the hatch. What was your humidity for the incubation----from the beginning up to lock-down?

It's been between 50-55. Do you think I should open and put like a little dish of water in the corner with a cloth in it or something? Can I do that during lockdown?? I did just hear a chirp from an egg in there!!! I candled them all before lockdown (1 was empty) and 13 were wiggling. I marked the Airpocket with a pencil on each.

Last edited:
It's been between 50-55. Do you think I should open and put like a little dish of water in the corner with a cloth in it or something? Can I do that during lockdown?? I did just hear a chirp from an egg in there!!! I candled them all before lockdown (1 was empty) and 13 were wiggling. I marked the AirMac with a pencil on each.

I am a hands-off-hatcher, so "I" would not open it during the hatch----I would add water to more troughs if you are using a Styrofoam type incubator by using a turkey injector type long needle and some tubing through a vent hole. But I am sure some hands-on-htchers will tell you to open that sucker right up and add water---LOL---Not me. What was the date you put the eggs in???

Edited----OOOOPS I just seen I was on the hands-on-hatching forum-----SORRY Again People!!!!

Last edited:
I am a hands-off-hatcher, so "I" would not open it during the hatch----I would add water to more troughs if you are using a Styrofoam type incubator by using a turkey injector type long needle and some tubing through a vent hole. But I am sure some hands-on-htchers will tell you to open that sucker right up and add water---LOL---Not me. What was the date you put the eggs in???

Edited----OOOOPS I just seen I was on the hands-on-hatching forum-----SORRY Again People!!!!

LOL okay, I will try to put some water in through a tube, I'll have to see what I can find. They were put in the incubator on the night of March 31st (9pmish - long story).

LOL okay, I will try to put some water in through a tube, I'll have to see what I can find. They were put in the incubator on the night of March 31st (9pmish - long story).

Well you are on day 22, so your temp must be a little low. When the temp is correct they should start pipping and start to hatch on late day 20 and finish up on day 21.

Last edited:
I just added some warm water with a straw and the humidity is up to 66%, the temp is now 99.8. Here's hoping we get some hatching.

I have a pip!!! Thank you for the advice :)
Exactly what happened to me!! Your welcome make sure you post pics when they hatch
1f423.png

Back
Top Bottom