Hands on hatching and help

I am hatching a few chukar partridge eggs and was wondering when full grown can the be housed in the same shed with chickens but in a closed off area or are diseases from chickens airborn and will kill them? Any info on diseases of chickens being transmitted to chukars would be very helpful! Thanks!

OK so today is lockdown day for my quail and out of the blue my temp spiked to 107 is it too late? I've tried candling looking for movement but they're coturnix eggs and I can't see through them well at all! :( I got the temp down but I hadn't checked on it for a couple hours due to little ones so I'm not sure how long it was up that high!? Is all lost!?!

OK so today is lockdown day for my quail and out of the blue my temp spiked to 107 is it too late? I've tried candling looking for movement but they're coturnix eggs and I can't see through them well at all! :( I got the temp down but I hadn't checked on it for a couple hours due to little ones so I'm not sure how long it was up that high!? Is all lost!?!

Have any internally pipped yet? Try taking them out and tapping on the shell. You may be able to hear one pecking or chirping.

Have any internally pipped yet? Try taking them out and tapping on the shell. You may be able to hear one pecking or chirping.

If the house is still and quite you should be able to hear the chirps thru the incubater at least did with ours

I'm not hearing anything but have itty bitty external pips on 8 of them so far!! Omg omg omg!!! Soo excited over here!! My first hatch by incubator :fl all goes well the rest of the way!!

Back
Top Bottom