Hands on hatching and help

This is my first time incubating and this morning is day 22. Last night I came home to the humidity at 35% so quickly got the water in the incubator and it came up to 65%. We have 9 eggs that at day 18 had great air cell pockets and were moving with candeling. I had one egg that had pipped last night. This morning there is 3 pipped, 2 are small holes and 1 is a lot bigger. Is this normal? Last night I heard a lot of chirping and a tad this morning.

Yes it's normal. Congrats! You should have some babies out by this evening. :)

There are 6 now that have pipped! One looks like a zig zag, there are several little holes and one has a BIG hole!
Very exciting!!!!

Sounds like you have one that is zipping. The fact they are slightly delayed points to slightly low temps in the bator. I would check the thermometers if that hasn't been done. Make sure it's 101-102 near the top of the eggs for still air and 99.5 for forced. Also if you are seeing that much condensation in the bator at 65% I would definitely check that too.
Good luck on your hatch, hope you have some popping out for you soon!

Thank you so much everyone for your advice.

We will keep an eye on it and see what happens. I have not touched it since the hole has been made, but watch it a lot and I see lots of activity inside.

My temp is at 101.6. Keeping it there. I hope this fella comes out in its own.

The chick has been active in the egg most of the weekend,saw the beak open and close. Thai morning I haven't seen much movement, maybe a slight move of a feather.

Also it used to be heavy full of liquid, not it feels lighter

I wonder if we should assist it more through the hole, or count it as a loss.
Temp has been steady 101.5

Thanks...
4 hatched rather quickly back to back! One of the eggs that I couldnt see if pipped or not hatched first. The next one was the first pipped I saw last night. The zig zag was next and then another back one I couldnt see very well.
The one with the big hole still has not hatched.. Its moving and chirping and man the other chicks are all over the other eggs!!

The chick has been active in the egg most of the weekend,saw the beak open and close. Thai morning I haven't seen much movement, maybe a slight move of a feather.

Also it used to be heavy full of liquid, not it feels lighter

I wonder if we should assist it more through the hole, or count it as a loss.
Temp has been steady 101.5

All weekend? Yes I think I would definitely remove the air cell cap of the shell.

Thanks...
4 hatched rather quickly back to back! One of the eggs that I couldnt see if pipped or not hatched first. The next one was the first pipped I saw last night. The zig zag was next and then another back one I couldnt see very well.
The one with the big hole still has not hatched.. Its moving and chirping and man the other chicks are all over the other eggs!!

Congrats! How long has the one had the big hole? Does it keep trying to just make it wider? Might need to intervene and help it out a little. :fl

Back
Top Bottom