Hands on hatching and help

View attachment 1065503

HI GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP IN OPERATING THIS INCUBATOR.IF SOMEONE CAN ADVICE ME HOW TO TURN THE EGGS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC TURNER,SHOULD I MARK THEM X AND O AND TURN THEM LIKE THEY ARE LYING DOWN ?AND DURING HATCHING TIME WOULD THE CHICKS STILL HATCH WHEN THEY STAND WITH THE POINTED SIDE DOWN AND THE AIR SACK UP....CAN THE CHICKS GET OUT ?

Or you can tilt the whole unit. Just put a block of some kind under one side, then shift it to the other side, repeat.

I've just noticed this on one of my eggs? Never seen it before anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_7394.JPG
    IMG_7394.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 9
With the recent posts about hatching in trays, cool down cycles and shipped eggs with saddle cells, I though I would post a picture of my most recent hatch. These are University of Arkansas blue egg layers. They are also Blue, Black and splash genetics. They were shipped across the country and 1 was smashed. Three had cracks. Of the 20 surviving eggs, 11 were fertile and developed......9 of the hatched! Most of the eggs had very bad saddle air cells.

I set them right away since it is summer and the eggs were nice and warm already. On day 8 I turned on the cool down cycle on the brinsea for 60 minutes a day.

Finally I set them in a hatching tray. All 9 of these chicks hatched without needing any help. They do not have deformities or crooked toes.

Very cute chicks!

UofA-Blues-2017-in-incubator.jpg

I've just noticed this on one of my eggs? Never seen it before anyone know what it is?

That's a malpo, trying to internal and external pip right there... make a tiny hole in the shell and pop off enough pieces to clear around that whole 'bruise spot'... run your finger over the membrane and you should feel the bill... put some coconut oil across it to see if you can make any veins visible and open up the membrane to find the bill... :fl it's still alive, they can suffocate quickly once they try to pip and have missed the air cell...

That's a malpo, trying to internal and external pip right there... make a tiny hole in the shell and pop off enough pieces to clear around that whole 'bruise spot'... run your finger over the membrane and you should feel the bill... put some coconut oil across it to see if you can make any veins visible and open up the membrane to find the bill... :fl it's still alive, they can suffocate quickly once they try to pip and have missed the air cell...
I have seen many posts in regards to these type of dark marks showing up on duck eggs but have never seen an actual explanation. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom