1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Handsome Rhode Island Red 10 week old Rooster-Central Connecticut

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by animal lady, Sep 20, 2013.

1. animal lady

animal lady Hatching

Jul 9, 2012
    Sadly Rosie isn't a hen and we cannot have a rooster where we live. He has been raised from a few days old with lots of handling, kids, and a dog. He is very interested in everything we do and is already starting to protect his lady. He needs a larger flock to watch over and more space to roam. Looks like he is going to be a large boy. I would like him to go to a home where he gets to be a rooster- not dinner. The farm would take him back but he would be processed in November or December. We are looking for a place where he gets to enjoy being a rooster for awhile!
    We are located in central Connecticut and are willing to drive him to a great spot! Please contact me soon. Of the 3 chicks we got in mid-July, two are roosters. We found a great home for one now we another miracle!

2. unique

unique Hatching

Sep 20, 2013
    I live in south Mississippi. I live on two acres and have other chickens. I would be glad to get him but would not be able to come get him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: