Hank & the dillo may be graphic

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by piecemaker, Sep 19, 2011.

1. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    It is about 10:30pm and the dogs keep barking. So I go out with the flash light. Hank, the boxer, runs behind the coop. I hear all this running around in the leaves. Then here comes Hank with grown armadillo in his mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is playing with it like a rag doll tosses it in the air and runs after it and cauhgts it agian. I ran in the house to get the camara when I get back out there he is still playing with the dillo. You could hear him crushing the shell. I have never seen a dog kill a dillo like that. He was so proud of his catch he took it on the porch to show DH

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Awwww, such a good puppy! Give him a milkbone or three.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Do armadillios eat chickens? Just wondering if its a predator...
    Dont think we have them up here.

4. piecemaker

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:No I don't think they eat chickens. They do dig up the yard though. They eat bugs and grubs in the ground and to get them they dig and dig. Some times the yard will look like a bomb went off in it. I really really don't like them

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I like them. It doesn't take much to fill in the small holes they dig and i get the benefit of having them help keep my newly tilled garden pest free.

beautiful dog btw

6. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:I am with you there. We just discovered one living in an old burrow outside my bedroom window. I enjoy seeing them around, they are so unusual. They are harmless, and not really afraid of people. I'm not too particular about my yard, I'll share with the wildlife. [​IMG]

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    We don't have those around here, but your dog was doing his job! (Too bad he can't smell the difference between a chicken eater and an insect eater!) hehe

8. piecemaker

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:Dh said the same thing Here's a better pix of Hank. Thanks we think Hank is pretty special

[​IMG]

9. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Quote:dang your dillos must be different than ours!! our yard looked like someone went through it with a back hoe. My neighbor's as well, plus her garden.

10. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Hank is a beautiful dog!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by