Hank & the dillo may be graphic

piecemaker

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Centerville Texas
It is about 10:30pm and the dogs keep barking. So I go out with the flash light. Hank, the boxer, runs behind the coop. I hear all this running around in the leaves. Then here comes Hank with grown armadillo in his mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is playing with it like a rag doll tosses it in the air and runs after it and cauhgts it agian. I ran in the house to get the camara when I get back out there he is still playing with the dillo. You could hear him crushing the shell. I have never seen a dog kill a dillo like that. He was so proud of his catch he took it on the porch to show DH

DSC_0066.jpg

Last edited:
Do armadillios eat chickens? Just wondering if its a predator...
Dont think we have them up here.

Quote:
No I don't think they eat chickens. They do dig up the yard though. They eat bugs and grubs in the ground and to get them they dig and dig. Some times the yard will look like a bomb went off in it. I really really don't like them

I like them. It doesn't take much to fill in the small holes they dig and i get the benefit of having them help keep my newly tilled garden pest free.

beautiful dog btw

Quote:
I am with you there. We just discovered one living in an old burrow outside my bedroom window. I enjoy seeing them around, they are so unusual. They are harmless, and not really afraid of people. I'm not too particular about my yard, I'll share with the wildlife.
smile.png

We don't have those around here, but your dog was doing his job! (Too bad he can't smell the difference between a chicken eater and an insect eater!) hehe

Quote:
dang your dillos must be different than ours!! our yard looked like someone went through it with a back hoe. My neighbor's as well, plus her garden.

Back
Top Bottom