Hank's sick= bad teething & CLUMPING CAT LITTER, suggestions?

What are you having for dinner tonight???

Get some Chicken, like a roaster. Skin the whole thing and the cut off any visible fats. Put the skin and fat in a pot with just enough water to cover is. Boil it about minutes and turn it off and put a lid on it until it cool. This way it's cooked but all the fatty greasy stuff you need isn't cooked all the way out. Once it's cool you can feed it to your dog a bit at a time. Even they yellow globby fat. Need to get him good and greased up inside so things will work their way out. My Heelers have alwasy been good about eating certain types of grasses too to help heal them. I don't know what kind of grass it is, but even my 6m pup seems to find the one she needs out of all of it in my yard!

You can poach the rest of the chicken or cook it down for soup,better yet, DUMPLIN's!!

Poor Hank!

My lab Bingo ate a lot of used, i.e. chicken poopy, wood shavings once. (And only once, I'm really careful now!) He was totally blocked and in pain.
After x-rays and sub-cu fluids, the vet said regular Metamucil and mineral oil, mixed with canned food. 2 tablespoons of regular Metamucil and 10cc's of mineral oil with half a can of food. That's for an 80 lb. dog.
Worked wonders! I was so happy I took pics of the resulting poop and emailed them to the vet. (uhm, he knows me really well.)

I now keep Metamucil and mineral on hand, because he still eats things he finds.
hmm.png

Hope Hank is doing well!

I keep coming back to add more,
smile.png
.The vet said 2 days of that food or bring him back, and that the food/mix should be a "wet, sticky blob". He also gave him Rimadyl for the pain. Only took one meal to clear him out. It was rather impressive.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom