Happy Hens Picture Contest - Ends 6/26/13 WINNERS POSTED!!

Name: Henny
Bio: [include breed, species, color pattern, gender and why this chicken is happy]

Henny is a Blue Orpington hen, she is blue in color. The reason she is so happy is because we gave her a chick less then a week ago, she was going to hatch out chicks but none hatched after 3 weeks so we gave her one chick that she LOVES! The first picture is her all puffed up at me for taking a peek on the chick :p

Picture(s):

Name: C.J. (Charity Judith)
Bio: Charity is a Red Star hen. Her feathers are red, brown and gold in colour, and she has one black tail feather. Charity's happy because of all the attention she gets! She loves to snuggle in my lap, wrapped up in a jacket or blanket, especially on cold days. She's at the bottom of the pecking order so she gets bonus attention. Right now she's extra happy because I set up a nesting box just for her!
Picture(s):

Name: C.J. (Charity Judith) Age: 2 1/2 yrs old Bio: Charity is a Red Star hen. Her feathers are red, brown and gold in colour, and she has one black tail feather. Charity's happy because of all the attention she gets! She loves to snuggle in my lap, wrapped up in a jacket or blanket, especially on cold days. She's at the bottom of the pecking order so she gets bonus attention. Right now she's extra happy because I set up a nesting box just for her! Picture(s):
Cool pics!

Nice Entries! This contests closes in a few days, so be sure to enter!
thumbsup.gif

ENTRY FORM:
Name:
Bio: Russian Orloff, Spangled, these chickens enjoy being hand fed, talked to, and hanging out with me making the happiest Orloff I know

Picture(s):

ENTRY FORM:
Name:DeLaney
Bio: DeLaney is one of three Japanese bantam hens that I purchased from a guy at an auction. She is a Millie Fleur Japanese Bantam hen. Out of the three hens (DeLacey, DeLaney, and Lemon) She is the most social with the chicks her age or older. She mostly stays in the pen with the chickens. DeLacey and Lemon spend more time with the pullets and my cockerel Macklemore.

ENTRY FORM:
Name:Macklemore
Bio: Macklemore is a White d'Uccle cockerel. He is in charge of a flock of Rhode Island Red pullets, a Silver Laced Cochin Bantam Pullet, a Buff Silkie Bantam Pullet, and a White Crested Black Polish Bantam pullet. He also is just learning to crow and is getting the hang of being around the girls and knowing that they are girls. He will remain with the Rhode Island Red hens and be there rooster and George will be in charge of all my bantams.

ENTRY FORM:
Name:Taco Belle
Bio: Taco Belle was found under a bridge on cold day and moved in with us as a house chicken. Taco Belle trained three dogs to know who was boss over her years with us. She came when called, went to the door to do her business and always got first dibs in front of the fire much to the dismay of the dog already occupying that spot.
She truly enjoyed the finer things in life.

Name: Lemon Drop
Bio: This is Lemon Drop, she is a light sussex bantam hen. She has just recently been broody and hatched 7 wonderful chicks! When she was younger she got bullied by my older hens and usually sat in the corner on her own. So one day I decided that I would befriend her. It took a lot of months for her to be comfortable in my arms, but now she can't get enough of cuddles! She follows me around everywhere and is always jumping up to sit on my knee!

Picture(s):

Name: Stanley
Bio: This is Stanley, he is a grey silkie rooster. When we first got him he came with two other chicks. They all looked in very bad shape. Sadly the other two died and he was left on his own. He was a scruffy little thing and we thought he was a girl, so named him Beauty (I thought it would make him happier, because he wasn't very good looking) After around 8 months we found out he was a boy! And heard his first cockadoodle!!! He is a happy (rooster) because he now is a gorgeous little BOY and has a very manly name!

Picture(s):

Name:Sunbeam
Bio: Sunbeam is a Welsummer hen, although she doesn't look 9 years old she defiantly is! We bought her when she was 2 years old and have had her for 7 years. She is a healthy and happy girl because she gets to run around the garden and at 1pm everyday she goes off and lays an egg, but everyday it is somewhere different, and when she's finished she sits back and laughs at me trying to find it!!

Picture(s):

Back
Top Bottom