--Happy Houdan's Chat Thread--

I would like to have some

Always best to find a small business breeder as the inbreeding is not so bad and always check the beak as some of the larger breeders put out so many that a lot of the chicks will be having a soft beak or just outright alignment problems of all sorts ,,,, this is just my experience ........ My best experience with acquiring quality Houdan's is poultry shows and small time breeder's .....

Oh these are am over friendly chicken so be prepared to have them land and sit on your shoulders and even stand on your head or sit on your lap for attention .......
wee.gif

gander007
old.gif

Always best to find a small business breeder as the inbreeding is not so bad and always check the beak as some of the larger breeders put out so many that a lot of the chicks will be having a soft beak or just outright alignment problems of all sorts ,,,, this is just my experience ........ My best experience with acquiring quality Houdan's is poultry shows and small time breeder's .....

Oh these are am over friendly chicken so be prepared to have them land and sit on your shoulders and even stand on your head or sit on your lap for attention .......
wee.gif

gander007
old.gif
Alright, so where is a good place to start? Hatchery?

Houdans have caught my heart and now my chicken math is about to be off because I need them in my life. Does anyone know where I could find some or some hatching eggs. I live on the Atlantic in Maryland. Would they do well where I live?

Back
Top Bottom