Happy to be here

Farmerjim87

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Always have had ambitions to farm, graduating from school this year and decided to reward myself for my birthday in February by getting started with chickens. Have 16 leghorns, 6 barred rock and had 16 Cornish rock cross. Also have 6 pekin ducks. Have 25 freedom rangers coming, a few more barred rocks, Rhode island reds, and Delaware. Will be getting an incubator soon to start breeding. All breeds have at least one rooster.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

See above

(3) What breeds do you have?

Lol also see above

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Search on duckduckgo.com

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Hunting/trapping, woodworking, working on my car, gardening

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Graduating from medical school next month. Starting residency in internal medicine in July at a large hospital in OH. Working on a tv show for local access and youtube that talks about farming (specifically chickens and crops) and health maintenance advice. Married with a beautiful 10 month old daughter

grey-woot-welcome-farmer-co.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Always have had ambitions to farm, graduating from school this year and decided to reward myself for my birthday in February by getting started with chickens. Have 16 leghorns, 6 barred rock and had 16 Cornish rock cross. Also have 6 pekin ducks. Have 25 freedom rangers coming, a few more barred rocks, Rhode island reds, and Delaware. Will be getting an incubator soon to start breeding. All breeds have at least one rooster.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

See above

(3) What breeds do you have?

Lol also see above

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Search on duckduckgo.com

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Hunting/trapping, woodworking, working on my car, gardening

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Graduating from medical school next month. Starting residency in internal medicine in July at a large hospital in OH. Working on a tv show for local access and youtube that talks about farming (specifically chickens and crops) and health maintenance advice. Married with a beautiful 10 month old daughter

Welcome to backyard Chickens Jim great to have you join us

G'Day 10.jpg

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom