Happy to Find BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wild chick, Jul 24, 2016.

1. wild chick

wild chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2016
    I'm brand new at this, but have been doing lots of homework and so far all is well with the 21 chicks I got. I posted a question last night in General Breed Thread, but somehow it got buried. Maybe that was the wrong place? Can I move a post to another place? I'm thinking "Raising Baby Chicks" forum would have been more appropriate. I couldn't even find it in the "most recent posts" this morning, only found it by looking at my profile "threads I started". This site is HUGE! I'm learning a lot here though and appreciate how helpful everyone is. Nice to be here, and again thanks for the massive amount of info & fun!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello, wild chick, and welcome to BYC. Great username! You will find this site to be very useful for newtimers and old timers alike. Yes, moderators often move posts to forums more appropriate to the topic. Or you can just re-post in a different forum. Great to have you here!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your new chicks :clap
    I have moved your other thread to the raising chicks section for you where I hope you get some responses. If you ever need a thread moving to a new section or any other problems you can click the little red flag in the bottom left hand corner of your post and staff can take care of things for you.
    Even birds of the same breeds can feather out at different times and rates. I've had quite a few my polish feather up at different rates.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. wild chick

wild chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2016
    Thanks everyone! Still navigating around this site - thanks for moving my other post where it might be seen, and the tip about the red flag!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by