Happy to introduce myself to the BYC!

Orangina

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Hello everyone,
frow.gif

I am a long-time lurker on this fantastic site, and officially joined today because I just received 50 (!) brand new baby chicks in the mail this morning. All but one are peeping and eating and drinking, and we are keeping a close eye on the little wobbly one.

I've only been raising chickens for about a year (Orangina was my first hen ever, RIP), but I cannot express how valuable this site has been to my boyfriend and I for diagnosing our chicken issues, whether they be medically, socially or just plain comically related. Thanks for the dearth of excellent information, entertaining pics and for making this a fun place to visit. I look forward to becoming a contributing member and oh yes, I can see how the BYC can be tremendously addictive. My friends always ask me why I'm not on Facebook, and I always tell them it's because chickens provide all the social networking I need.
yippiechickie.gif

Now I better go check on my little peepers.
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Hi, and glad you joined! I lurked for a long while, too... but it's so great to be able to ask those unusual questions, and then to be able to comment on all the wonderful photos! Where are you located? Check the Chickenstock topic - I have had so much fun with the two gatherings I've been to in Oregon -- great folks, and fun to meet in person!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom