Happy winter here in North Dakota!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Hello--nice to hear from others in ND that raise chickens.

I am wintering (I guess they call it spring technically now...) my first ever batch of chickens. They are now a year old. My flock consists of 19 chickens (17 hens and 2 roosters) and 3 guineas.

My flock is an interesting mix of breeds--most appear to literally be mixed breeds (EE's, silkie/bantam cochin, bantam cochin--one is a white frizzle, red somethings, black maran, buff orphington...)

So happy that I took the plunge and started a chicken ranch. They are an absolute delight to watch!

Hello--nice to hear from others in ND that raise chickens.

I am wintering (I guess they call it spring technically now...) my first ever batch of chickens. They are now a year old. My flock consists of 19 chickens (17 hens and 2 roosters) and 3 guineas.

My flock is an interesting mix of breeds--most appear to literally be mixed breeds (EE's, silkie/bantam cochin, bantam cochin--one is a white frizzle, red somethings, black maran, buff orphington...)

So happy that I took the plunge and started a chicken ranch. They are an absolute delight to watch!

I have a mixed group of birds too. Please tell me your avatar pic is from last summer... Else I am getting left out of spring, cuz my yard has no grass whatsoever right now!

Yes, last summer. The chickens are soooo eager for green grass and bugs!

That's a shot of my #1 rooster. Meaning that he gets to boss the other rooster around. He seems to be a mix of Turken and EE. I think.

Hi there thasista!

NDChickenrancher: I cannot even tell he was turken! my husband wants turkens so bad! And yes I agree with you on the greens and bugs. I have been giving mine sprouts through the winter, and they love them. I think I might need to set up one of those fodder systems for next year.

Back
Top Bottom