hard crop during the day, is that normal

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi everyone, I have a rooster, and his crop has been looking really big for the past two days. I was
filling it tonight and it fills kinda hard, I don't know if that is normal. but im going to check it tomorrow morning and see if its still full. if it is what is wrong and what should I do. his crop looks big and is kinda going to the side of his chest. im pretty sure hen is still eating. but what should I do if the crop is stays full. thanks

hi everyone, I have a rooster, and his crop has been looking really big for the past two days. I was
filling it tonight and it fills kinda hard, I don't know if that is normal. but im going to check it tomorrow morning and see if its still full. if it is what is wrong and what should I do. his crop looks big and is kinda going to the side of his chest. im pretty sure hen is still eating. but what should I do if the crop is stays full. thanks
Check it first thing in the morning before he eats/drinks, if it's still full, then
read the following article to determine which crop problem he may have
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Let us know what you find out in the morning. We will help you if it's still full:)

Back
Top Bottom