Hard knot on leg

Amy73

Hatching
Mar 26, 2024
My chicken had a hard knot on the upper inside of her leg. It looks like it might be infected too. There is a blood spot on it. After I soaked her in epsom salt, I applied an ointment and wrapped it. She does not put much weight on it. Seems very painful. I’m worried about the knot and not sure how to treat it. Any advice would be helpful. I do have her separated from my flock. Here is a picture for reference. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2716.jpeg
    IMG_2716.jpeg
    468.4 KB · Views: 24
Yikes! I'd keep her isolated where she doesn't have to move around much. Keep doing the epsom salt soaks & maybe put a drawing salve like prid on it & keep it wrapped. Does it seem like there's stuff inside to draw out?

Yikes! I'd keep her isolated where she doesn't have to move around much. Keep doing the epsom salt soaks & maybe put a drawing salve like prid on it & keep it wrapped. Does it seem like there's stuff inside to draw out?
I have bag balm here and that is what I put on it and wrapped it. Should I be using Prid instead? I just did notice the knot last night and started the soaks so nothing is drawing yet.

I have bag balm here and that is what I put on it and wrapped it. Should I be using Prid instead? I just did notice the knot last night and started the soaks so nothing is drawing yet.
You can try the bag balm a few days & see if you notice it changing in size. Is the knot hard? Feverish when you touch it?

Back
Top Bottom