Hardware cloth question

swadeshade

Hatching
Jul 5, 2020
We have our new coup on 6 foot centers (spaces)- it is 6 foot high also. I noticed the hardware cloth comes in 2,3,4 x 5 foot sections- so how would you use it for 6 foot height? It would be a foot short to go up our 6 foot depth. Am I thinking about this wrong?

Use a horizontal cross brace. Attach a 4' run of chicken wire taught to your supports 6' on center at a height around 2' 6" or 2' 8", with the extra length aproned out to discourage diggers. Attach a second piece of hardware cloth on the verticals, so it overlaps the bottom piece by 2" - 3". Secure it to the coop along the top and sides.

Now attach a horizontal support over the overlapped chicken wire, and secure the wire to it from the inside of the coop - screws and washers. Now you have no entry points, a rigid top/bottom edge, and a piece of wood at convenient height for hanging things off of later.

Don't forget to use something weather resistant, cause its exposed.

Use a horizontal cross brace. Attach a 4' run of chicken wire taught to your supports 6' on center, with the extra length aproned out to discourage diggers. Attach a second pieace of hardware cloth on the verticals, so it overlaps the bottom piece by 2" - 3". Secure it to the coop along the top and sides.

Now attach a horizontal support over the overlapped chicken wire, and secure the wire to it from the inside of the coop - screws and washers. Now you have no entry points, a rigid top/bottom edge, and a piece of wood at convenient height for hanging things off of later.

Don't forget to use something weather resistant, cause its exposed.
While @ChickLover21 's and my great minds thought alike, your great mind thought of how actual building works and came out superior :lol:

Back
Top Bottom