Hardware cloth recommendations in US?

Chickolett

Chirping
May 20, 2022
Upstate NY
Does anyone have any recommendations for 1/2” black pvc coated hardware cloth?

Does everyone just use Amazon? It does seem to be the cheapest. Is the quality decent?
Hardware cloth

Or is there a better supplier? Our run dimensions are 24’x12’x12”

We were also looking at critterfence.com because they have larger than 4’ sections but the bbb reviews are pretty bad.

Thank you!

24’x12’x12"
12"?? Tall?
I bought three 4'x50' rolls of 1/2" HC from Amzn and it was just fine. It was run long on each 4' section of the run and laid out on the ground another 18"-24" to form the predator apron too.
IMG_20190725_145917320_HDR.jpg

12"?? Tall?
I bought three 4'x50' rolls of 1/2" HC from Amzn and it was just fine. It was run long on each 4' section of the run and laid out on the ground another 18"-24" to form the predator apron too.
View attachment 3213256Ooos yes 12’. Thank you
Oops yes 12’. Thank you, that’s a great design.

This is ours so far

Attachments

• 6F710C96-0EC3-46F9-908B-30D9C3DE22FD.jpeg
    6F710C96-0EC3-46F9-908B-30D9C3DE22FD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Does anyone have any recommendations for 1/2” black pvc coated hardware cloth?

Does everyone just use Amazon? It does seem to be the cheapest. Is the quality decent?
Hardware cloth

Or is there a better supplier? Our run dimensions are 24’x12’x12”

We were also looking at critterfence.com because they have larger than 4’ sections but the bbb reviews are pretty bad.

Thank you!
I just did a coop renovation and added a lot of runs. The only thing I wouldn’t compromise on was pvc coating - for purely aesthetic reasons.

I HIGHLY recommend deerbusters.com I spent a lot of time researching prices (due to the amount I needed). They had free shipping that I received at Amazon speed. I got 3 4’x100’ rolls delivered by fedex in 2 days. I don’t know what sizes they have but the 4’ width was perfect to work with.

The quality is great (though I imagine it’s all the same) and the pvc is MUCH easier to work with than uncoated (no stabbing).

E340ACA8-4C11-408D-8534-9A626A080BBF.jpeg

I just did a coop renovation and added a lot of runs. The only thing I wouldn’t compromise on was pvc coating - for purely aesthetic reasons.

I HIGHLY recommend deerbusters.com I spent a lot of time researching prices (due to the amount I needed). They had free shipping that I received at Amazon speed. I got 3 4’x100’ rolls delivered by fedex in 2 days. I don’t know what sizes they have but the 4’ width was perfect to work with.

The quality is great (though I imagine it’s all the same) and the pvc is MUCH easier to work with than uncoated (no stabbing).

View attachment 3213290
Thank you I will check them out.

I bought mine on critterfence.com. Took about a week to get it.
So did I. I much prefer to work with the coated stuff, although it’s a little gummy. Was yours that way? I’m hoping it doesn’t stay that way- seems a bad combo to have sticky + dust. It doesn’t seem as strong as the non-coated stuff I got at Home Depot, but I think (hope?) it will be fine in my area, based on what predators I have to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom