Hardware cloth

KayNova

Chirping
May 24, 2017
Anyone have any recommendations on websites for hardware cloth. Best pricing for a large amount. We have a beautiful (and huge) run for the chickens. Which is going to cost a lot to coon proof. Also need for double protection in the coop. I'm super paranoid. Also open to other recommendations on what to us that may be more cost effective.

Anyone have any recommendations on websites for hardware cloth. Best pricing for a large amount. We have a beautiful (and huge) run for the chickens. Which is going to cost a lot to coon proof. Also need for double protection in the coop. I'm super paranoid. Also open to other recommendations on what to us that may be more cost effective.
Used 10x10x6ft dog kennels---close up gaps around the doors. These kennel panels will only be getting broke in good when your hardware cloth has had it. So Much Stronger.

Is that cheap? Where would you buy in bulk?
I guess you are asking me if chain-link panels are that cheap? Really they are free to use as long as you want---then resale them to get your money back-----try that with any other type of fencing. Sure you have to lay down the money to get them, but that's ok when you know you can get it back anytime you want(resale). I bought my first 2 used in 1995---payed $65 for one and $75 for the other. I been using them for 22 years and I could put them on sale today and get $100 each back---that's Using them for 22 years and Make money---that's better than free. Plus you can install the 4 sides in 5 to 10 minutes by yourself. No driving post, no digging post, no unrolling wire, no cutting wire, no nailing wire, no tightening wire, no having to make doors, simple.

This one section done by myself at 59 years old, 150ft long by 10ft wide, 17 pens, took one afternoon to set-up and I finished putting the netting across the top the next morning. As I said----Simple.
Chickenfarm%20031_zpserh0juuc.jpg

Walmart.com also is competitive to amazon. Both sites, the price can go up and down quickly. There is another thread about hardware cloth on the first page of this forum today.

Back
Top Bottom