Hardwire Cloth??????

lovin my birds

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Odessa, MO
So I found an add on craigslist that I was wondering if it was a good deal. This guy lives about half an hour away from me and he is selling hardwire cloth. This is what it says....

We have several pallets of unopened hardware cloth available to sell. This hardware cloth is ideal for chicken coops, rabbit pins, gardens and much more.

$80 per roll
$1,200 per pallet (16 rolls)

1/2" x 1/2" Mesh, 19 Gauge
48" x 100'

**CASH ONLY**

I mean I am assuming it is a good deal since all the hardwire cloth I have found at a retail store is half this for only like 25 feet. What do you all think? Should I get some? I need some but would like to get it as cheap as possible.

I think that is a great deal. I have been pricing hardware cloth and finding it to be at least double that price. Cheap chicken wire goes for $80 for a 48"x100' roll here.

I need to find that deal on my craigslist.

~Shannon

That is a great deal. I just bought 4 rolls of 48" x 25' for $60 a roll. So my 100 feet cost me $240 plus whatever tax was.
hit.gif
Go for it! It is very heavy though, I had plenty of trouble with the 25 foot sections.
ya.gif

Lol! Thanks! I think I will call him tomorrow! I am making a new pen for my Mandarins and need hardwire cloth. This is so exciting!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal to me last time I priced it it was about $0.25 sq ft so you would be getting about a $20 discount per roll plus the tax you arn't paying on it, $25 a roll if you baught a pallet, lol you could do that and resell it at $85 or $90 a roll to some us BYCers or at local swaps or auctions and make a profit while still give people a good deal. That would bring good money in gardner ks at the big fall auction in a month if you go to that one.

Last edited:
I paid $120 for 100' roll at my local farm store. What we did to make it easier to work with was we covered our whole run with it. We spaced our poles 46" apart and ran it from top to bottom between the poles then to secure it even more we put 1x2's over the seam. This worked great because we were working with 7' panels of the stuff instead of 25' at a time.

Quote:
lovin my birds, what is that a picture of on your avatar? It's too small to make out if it's a cat or maybe a fox? Just curious...

It is a arctic fox. A young one. I love arctic fox and found this picture from when I did a paper on them in high school. I thought it was the cuttest pic.

Back
Top Bottom