harliquin lionhead

muddyhorse

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Bloomsdale, MO
So I went to the local swap today and came home with a rabbit. he is a 10 week old harlequin lionhead. I had no intention of getting a bunny. One of the sellers that I have done business within the past asked me to hold him for a second. then he told me he had a hurt eye and since he knew I wold take care of him I could just HAVE him. ( hubby has threatened numerous times to have sucker tattooed on my head) So now we have a lionhead. I have some antibiotic eye ointment to put on the eye, one of the other bunnys scratched it. so what do I need to know about lionheads ? he is very sweet he enjoys being held "baby" style and being fed a carrot.

Well, sounds like you got quite a beautiful bunny! Lionheads are becoming very popular! They have great temperments and can be easily litterbox trained (if you want a house bunny). My lionhead is kinda old and doesnt move around much (he was a rescue) so I keep him in a pretty big cage so the dogs dont try to play too rough with him. Mine goes through quite a bit of food so keep a self filling feeding trough avaialable and a large water bottle. Mine doesnt seem interested in toys or a running wheel, just little wooden blocks or other flavored wooden toys for chewing. He LOVES applewood. Mainly theyre just like lap cats. They love human interaction and treats. Mine loves carrots too and will go through a bag of baby carrots in a week or less. He loves going for walks (wears a collar but not all rabbits will wear one and not chew it off) and rides in the car.

Hopefully hes a dwarf breed and wont get too large! Mine weighs about 4 pounds and hes full grown.

P.S. PICS!!!!

You have to post a pic. I have raised lionheads but haven't seen a harlequin one. If you have rabbits then you probably already know what you need to. They are usually nice little rabbits. Is he single maned (just longer hair around his head) or double maned (longer hair around head and back by his hips)?

I got a lionhead about 1 month ago. He is a very sweet little guy. He was super easy to litterbox train. We do need some pics!! Here is my little guy. I named him Lambert, after the sheepish lion cartoon.

51893_dsc00789.jpg

He is so cute! He is gray and white? Or is that a shadow? What makes him harliquin? They only harliquin I have ever seen was a great dane, just wondering how a harliquin bunny should look. My little guy has some brown spots on his back and around the base of his ears. I am not good with the techincal names for the coloring patterns.

This is in my own experience so please no one be offended, that is not the intention AT ALL.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
The words “Lionheads” and "nice temperaments" do NOT belong in the same sentence together. In the show world they are some judges worst nightmare fangs, fur, and crappy little bodies. *Shivers* Personally I raised them for about a year or so and had about 12 animals. Hated them, well all but one (which I still have, the old fart); they shed all the time, were harder than heck to breed, aggressive to a tee, just nasty little rabbits for the most part. Not to mention they are the laughing stock of the show world, again they failed their ARBA presentation to become a recognized breed. The only one I still have is an older Chestnut Agouti buck out of Aslan’s Rabbitry (Dan Young’s) original herd. He is too much of a little fart to sell…as in no one will buy him The thing is smarter than most people, he acts like the “king of all he sees” when placed on the show table, the “loveable cutie” at home, and the “son of a gun little s%^&” the second you try to sell him.
I completely agree with how smart they are, they are highly intelligent. That just makes them cute smart little fluffy s$%^’s. I swear they will rule the world.

Back
Top Bottom