Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Thank you for the update.

I have a quandary about what to do.
This is my first hatch. I’m setting eggs tomorrow morning. I picked up the eggs I ordered today. I ordered enough to do your trick of filling the turner plus adding two. But the lady gave me four on top of that. I feel like it might be risky to perch six eggs on top of the eggs in the turner. I’m not sure if I can be relied upon to manually turn with sufficient frequency until I can candle and possibly free up six spaces. I’m on my own with my three year old this first week and it’s pretty busy. And I don’t want him to see me opening the incubator (don’t want to give him any ideas) and he sticks to me pretty closely. But maybe it would be worth it to try.

If I were to skip setting some, I’m wondering how I should choose. Those with no poop? The freshest? The shape/size/colour I like the best? Or is that not predictive of what the offspring will lay? I’m not super excited about a lot of their shapes actually. A lot are kind of pointy. I thought Orpington eggs were more round. And that jersey giant eggs were bigger. Anyway, I know these questions aren’t directly related to the NR360 soI’m grateful if anyone has the time to weigh in.

I candle my eggs prior to setting them to see if there are any cracks, body checks, or weird looking eggs. Those would be the first ones I would set aside because they're the least likely to hatch.

Thank you for the update.

I have a quandary about what to do.
This is my first hatch. I’m setting eggs tomorrow morning. I picked up the eggs I ordered today. I ordered enough to do your trick of filling the turner plus adding two. But the lady gave me four on top of that. I feel like it might be risky to perch six eggs on top of the eggs in the turner. I’m not sure if I can be relied upon to manually turn with sufficient frequency until I can candle and possibly free up six spaces. I’m on my own with my three year old this first week and it’s pretty busy. And I don’t want him to see me opening the incubator (don’t want to give him any ideas) and he sticks to me pretty closely. But maybe it would be worth it to try.

If I were to skip setting some, I’m wondering how I should choose. Those with no poop? The freshest? The shape/size/colour I like the best? Or is that not predictive of what the offspring will lay? I’m not super excited about a lot of their shapes actually. A lot are kind of pointy. I thought Orpington eggs were more round. And that jersey giant eggs were bigger. Anyway, I know these questions aren’t directly related to the NR360 soI’m grateful if anyone has the time to weigh in.

Another thought, if you don't mind having a staggered hatch you could keep the extra eggs, put them aside and replace any clear eggs with those.

Never put eggs with poop on them in the incubator. Disease spreading is the least of your worries if you do. If you absolutely have to use poop covered eggs hydrogen peroxide and a cloth should be used to clean them off, but it is better to just skip those eggs.
Actually only two have a bit and it’s this amount. Any amount is no?

Attachments

• 369AF03D-BD7F-4ACF-8CF0-AB083EF101E4.jpeg
    369AF03D-BD7F-4ACF-8CF0-AB083EF101E4.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 94B40A0C-78EF-4879-A877-1573B3AFA97B.jpeg
    94B40A0C-78EF-4879-A877-1573B3AFA97B.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 5
Both good tips; thank you. I like the staggered hatch idea but I don’t have a hatcher. Is there a workaround?

Yes, you mark the eggs that you set later and once you take the eggs out of the turner for the first set to go on lockdown you hand turn the extra eggs for a couple of days. Once you see pips stop turning the others, they will be ok. If you pull clears early enough you won't need to even hand turn. You can stop turning on day 15 with no adverse effects on the hatch.

Yes, you mark the eggs that you set later and once you take the eggs out of the turner for the first set to go on lockdown you hand turn the extra eggs for a couple of days. Once you see pips stop turning the others, they will be ok. If you pull clears early enough you won't need to even hand turn. You can stop turning on day 15 with no adverse effects on the hatch.
Wow, super helpful! Thank you so much for your generosity in helping a newby.

Back
Top Bottom