Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Day 4 and we have life!!! Grow babies grow!
168F7314-9C6A-46D4-A9F4-205D6EDA4733.jpeg

I checked on the duck eggs this morning because I wasn’t sure about a couple yesterday...8 out of 8 are all growing! I really didn’t expect to see so many growing since the parents are both young. Hopefully they all turn out healthy! I’ve read difference of opinion on when to start misting. Some say start misting at day 6 and some say day 10? Then I saw a lady who did it the whole time. Anyone have an opinion on misting? And amount of cooling time each day?

I checked on the duck eggs this morning because I wasn’t sure about a couple yesterday...8 out of 8 are all growing! I really didn’t expect to see so many growing since the parents are both young. Hopefully they all turn out healthy! I’ve read difference of opinion on when to start misting. Some say start misting at day 6 and some say day 10? Then I saw a lady who did it the whole time. Anyone have an opinion on misting? And amount of cooling time each day?

That's awesome that they're all developing! It's been a little while since I hatched waterfowl but I think I waited until day 10 to start misting. I took the eggs out of the incubator misted them and allowed the water to evaporate and then put them back in. So I only left them out long enough to dry. You can set an alarm on your phone to check on them so you don't accidentally forget to put them back in.

Last edited:
That's awesome that they're all developing! It's been a little while since I hatched waterfowl but I think I waited until day 10 to start misting. I took the eggs out of the incubator misted them and allowed the water to evaporate and then put them back in. So I only left them out long enough to dry. You can set an alarm on your phone to check on them so you don't accidentally forget to put them back in.
Ok thanks for the advice!!

Does anyone know what the turn rate is for the 360? I’ve just recently set a clutch of eggs, and have discovered that it’s so quiet (yay!) that I can’t hear it turn (boo!). I’d like to know how often it turns the eggs, but have exhausted my Google Fu on this. I can’t find anything behind “turns through the day” and “stops turning 3 days before hatch”.

Does anyone know what the turn rate is for the 360? I’ve just recently set a clutch of eggs, and have discovered that it’s so quiet (yay!) that I can’t hear it turn (boo!). I’d like to know how often it turns the eggs, but have exhausted my Google Fu on this. I can’t find anything behind “turns through the day” and “stops turning 3 days before hatch”.

I believe it turns once every hour.

For all of us that love the NR 360 here is an amazing resource I just discovered: Bradley, over at ETSY has created some wonderful solutions for those of us hatching duck and large eggs, quail or other small eggs, even emu eggs or has lost or damaged a part. We personally purchased the duck egg turner and that alone is making our lives so much sunnier! Wish we would have had the divider last winter when our power went out and we had to mix all our breeds of eggs in one incubator. Now my grandson says there is no excuse for refusing to hatch an emu egg! I always said it wouldn’t fit in the incubator. But Bradley made this wall extension to lift the lid part higher. Thank goodness our city ordinance only allows chickens or I would be trying to figure out how to extend the chicken run as we all know grandma says “yes” as often as possible! Here is the link and some photos of his products: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CourdtCreations?ref=profile_header

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg