Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I’m not one to throw out any eggs until I know they aren’t viable. Everyone gets a chance to show veining! If it looks bad at day 7, then I’ll toss it. Im not expecting anything from it but if something happens I’ll be thrilled.

Just gotta figure out how to keep it upright and still use the turner on the rest of them…

I’m not one to throw out any eggs until I know they aren’t viable. Everyone gets a chance to show veining! If it looks bad at day 7, then I’ll toss it. Im not expecting anything from it but if something happens I’ll be thrilled.

Just gotta figure out how to keep it upright and still use the turner on the rest of them…

I've seen others in this forum use cardboard, zip ties, toilet paper rolls and get really creative to make a sort of tray over one slot in the turner so they could continue to keep a single egg upright. I haven't done that simply because I have multiple incubators.

Ahh! I went to take the turner out and noticed an egg had pipped! Then another and then a third one.
Eggs are due on Sunday.
I meant to remove the turner when it stopped yesterday, but things were crazy busy and we had 3 brooders of chicks to care for (43 in total).
So after a moment of shock and quickly closing the lid I realized that it really had to come out and did it as gently as I could. Some eggs still got rolled a little since it has to line up to come off, but thankfully it was only a speck. Then I tried to sit the eggs exactly as they had been before but I think two have their pips directly up now that were a touch on their sides before.
Humidity bumped to 70% with warm water (I was running dry 30% to pip because on candling they appeared to need to loose more.
Ok, hands off now.
I can only guess the early hatch is due to warmer temps. I had it bumped to 100.00 as that provided the best stability of temp, oddly enough. At 99.5 initially it was swinging down more than I would like. But it's since been quite steady between 99.3 - 100.
There are 2 more rocking around that haven't pipped yet, and I hear cheeping.
Summary: 5 active, 3 pipped, 9 eggs total!

Ahh! I went to take the turner out and noticed an egg had pipped! Then another and then a third one.
Eggs are due on Sunday.
I meant to remove the turner when it stopped yesterday, but things were crazy busy and we had 3 brooders of chicks to care for (43 in total).
So after a moment of shock and quickly closing the lid I realized that it really had to come out and did it as gently as I could. Some eggs still got rolled a little since it has to line up to come off, but thankfully it was only a speck. Then I tried to sit the eggs exactly as they had been before but I think two have their pips directly up now that were a touch on their sides before.
Humidity bumped to 70% with warm water (I was running dry 30% to pip because on candling they appeared to need to loose more.
Ok, hands off now.
I can only guess the early hatch is due to warmer temps. I had it bumped to 100.00 as that provided the best stability of temp, oddly enough. At 99.5 initially it was swinging down more than I would like. But it's since been quite steady between 99.3 - 100.
Mine was bumped up to keep it around the same temps as yours and the one in the incubator hatched on day 20. BUT the one under my broody hatched on day 20 as well. so not sure why but guessing heat in the incubator had nothing to do with it.

Eggs are due on Sunday.
Ok, hands off now.

Good luck on your hatch!

Mine was bumped up to keep it around the same temps as yours and the one in the incubator hatched on day 20. BUT the one under my broody hatched on day 20 as well. so not sure why but guessing heat in the incubator had nothing to do with it.

Hatching a little early isn't usually an issue but if you start seeing all of them hatching early, hernias, or any complications due to the temperature being too high then I would tweak it back down. Some breeds just hatch earlier than others though.

Hatching a little early isn't usually an issue but if you start seeing all of them hatching early, hernias, or any complications due to the temperature being too high then I would tweak it back down. Some breeds just hatch earlier than others though.
if it was just my incubator baby then I would have thought the temp was too high but since both incubator and under broody hatched at almost the same time I figure my incubator was right along with a broody so must have been good. haahaa.

This time I am only using my 2 broody's so I can't tweak them at all. LOL

Ok so I squeezed 27 eggs into the 360. Filled the 22 regular spaces, and then added 5 egg carton cutouts (with a hole in the bottom to let air through). The 6th little corner was just big enough to rest my Govee. I figured I’d post in case anyone ever has to fit more.

Shockingly enough I tested the turner. All the eggs turned, included the 5 I have tilted upright, which means I theoretically shouldn’t have to manually turn those 5. I am so thrilled that it worked! I’m not expecting all of them to make it to day 10, so between day 7 and 10 I will assumingly lose at least 5 and move everyone to the regular spaces. I can’t believe it worked!

1653768400799.jpeg

Closeup side view of upright extra egg holders. I made sure my two with detached air cells were in the upright holders.
1653768450870.jpeg

Ok so I squeezed 27 eggs into the 360. Filled the 22 regular spaces, and then added 5 egg carton cutouts (with a hole in the bottom to let air through). The 6th little corner was just big enough to rest my Govee. I figured I’d post in case anyone ever has to fit more.

Shockingly enough I tested the turner. All the eggs turned, included the 5 I have tilted upright, which means I theoretically shouldn’t have to manually turn those 5. I am so thrilled that it worked! I’m not expecting all of them to make it to day 10, so between day 7 and 10 I will assumingly lose at least 5 and move everyone to the regular spaces. I can’t believe it worked!

View attachment 3127418

Closeup side view of upright extra egg holders. I made sure my two with detached air cells were in the upright holders.
View attachment 3127419
Glad you got them all to fit. I never would have thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom