Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

It looks like it is developing completely normally. Only thing is I couldn’t find an air cell. And it’s one of the only blue eggs I set. What can be upsetting? I’ll tilt it upright for the next few days and see what happens. So odd…

When there's no air cell, there's nowhere for the chick to internally pip, come hatch time. That's why it can be upsetting. You could get lucky and the chick will pip through the shell, similar to how a malposition would need to.

Sometimes you'll get an oddball with the air cell on the side of the egg as well.

When there's no air cell, there's nowhere for the chick to internally pip, come hatch time. That's why it can be upsetting. You could get lucky and the chick will pip through the shell, similar to how a malposition would need to.

Sometimes you'll get an oddball with the air cell on the side of the egg as well.
Thanks so much. I’ll give it a shot, and keep fingers crossed!

So last night, an hour before bed, I realized I had room to put my second thermometer. My tiny Govee is always in there, and runs about .5 lower than the incubator. My incubator is set at 100, and the Govee shows an average temp of about 98 and change, which would put my incubator temp at high 98/low 99.

When I put the other thermometer in, it showed 99. This morning, the govee was at 97.5, with two dips around 95.9 in the middle of the night. The other thermometer was showing only 97. I set the temp to 100.5 to get the temp to rise back up a bit. It is now showing 99.4 an hour later. I’m afraid to leave it that high when I go to work, but I don’t want it to dip again. The two hatches last year I had it set at 100 and everything went well. Anyone else had a mysterious dip toward the end of their hatch? Do you think I should leave it at 100.5? Would the addition of a new thermometer change the temp that drastically?

Thanks!

So last night, an hour before bed, I realized I had room to put my second thermometer. My tiny Govee is always in there, and runs about .5 lower than the incubator. My incubator is set at 100, and the Govee shows an average temp of about 98 and change, which would put my incubator temp at high 98/low 99.

When I put the other thermometer in, it showed 99. This morning, the govee was at 97.5, with two dips around 95.9 in the middle of the night. The other thermometer was showing only 97. I set the temp to 100.5 to get the temp to rise back up a bit. It is now showing 99.4 an hour later. I’m afraid to leave it that high when I go to work, but I don’t want it to dip again. The two hatches last year I had it set at 100 and everything went well. Anyone else had a mysterious dip toward the end of their hatch? Do you think I should leave it at 100.5? Would the addition of a new thermometer change the temp that drastically?

Thanks!
last year I could have mine set around 100 I think it was maybe 100.5. I think I have mine at 101 right now and my ave has been about 99.3 according to my govee (which I calibrated with ice water) . it is colder here than it was when I incubated last year so not sure if that is it???? I have had to do this for all the hatches. The first I started at 100.5 but then bumped it.

Mine has gone up to 100.8 here and there but not for long and not a lot maybe once every couple days. I still dip down at times too to 97's but Ave is 99.3

You know you can go into the govee app and change how it reads so it reads the correct temp and you don't have to adjust it in your head right?

last year I could have mine set around 100 I think it was maybe 100.5. I think I have mine at 101 right now and my ave has been about 99.3 according to my govee (which I calibrated with ice water) . it is colder here than it was when I incubated last year so not sure if that is it???? I have had to do this for all the hatches. The first I started at 100.5 but then bumped it.

Mine has gone up to 100.8 here and there but not for long and not a lot maybe once every couple days. I still dip down at times too to 97's but Ave is 99.3

You know you can go into the govee app and change how it reads so it reads the correct temp and you don't have to adjust it in your head right?
I know I’ve just been to lazy to adjust it lol. I ended up putting it back to 100 when I left for work, and if it stayed lower all day I’ll move it to 100.5 and leave it. Didn’t want to chance it continuing to go up all day. Thanks!

Did anyone find a better way of auto adding water? I did the airline drip method last year. It worked OK, as long as the cats left it alone, but needed adjusting every couple of days. Have not tried the air stone method yet nor the shoelace/wicking method. Before I go digging through the site has anyone else tried these and succeeded?

Back
Top Bottom