Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Ive been leaving the plug in because the instructions said to th prevent heat loss. I will take it out when I get home and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Leaving the plug in is the correct thing to do until day 18! I was just checking to see if that may be where some of the humidity was being lost. I think adding more water into reservoir "A" is probably the best bet. The first reservoir only fills the small circle inside the incubator, when I was first getting used to the amount of water that was necessary to fill it I actually overflowed it a couple times, lol. Just make sure to fill it all the way, it won't be too much because of the small surface area. Small surface area slows the evaporation so just make sure it's full and it will last longer. As the water evaporates the humidity will stay consistent until the water level drops down and starts to receed around the circle, if that makes sense...it's likely that you just need to add more water each time. To make you feel a bit more comfortable, it's most important to keep the humidity stable at hatch time, there are some people that actually do dry hatching which doesn't involve worrying about the humidity at all until day 18, so the last 3 days are the most important. Reservoir "B" has a much larger surface area so it actually evaporates faster but once the chicks start hatching the humidity will spike anyway from the moisture inside the shells.
I'm going to mess with my water container and see if I can give you a more accurate measurement of how much water to add. Good luck! I hope your hatch goes well!
EDIT: I'm just eyeballing it but reservoir "A" seems to hold a around 1.5 ounces, more or less. I hope that helps you!

Last edited:
I use a 12cc syringe to fill it. I usually put in 4 full syringes. Is that too much? I have the adjuster 1/3 open like the picture shows.

That actually should be perfect! A 12cc syringe, 4 times would be about 1.62 ounces so it sounds just right! Try adding your 4 syringes of water at your usual time and top it off with another morning or night even if it seems to be at the right humidity and see if that helps to stabilize it. Mine stays really consistent adding it once or twice a day so that should do it for you! Fingers crossed! :fl

That actually should be perfect! A 12cc syringe, 4 times would be about 1.62 ounces so it sounds just right! Try adding your 4 syringes of water at your usual time and top it off with another morning or night even if it seems to be at the right humidity and see if that helps to stabilize it. Mine stays really consistent adding it once or twice a day so that should do it for you! Fingers crossed! :fl
Thanks. Will do!:bun

Thanks. Will do!:bun

FYI, I asked the manufacturer and reservoir "A" actually holds about 4oz of water.
IMG_20190326_221650.jpg

Ive read on another thread about these incubators and some accidents on hatch where chicks can get thier beaks or heads injured from the fan and you can order a silicon fan cover for it by contacting customer service and they will send you one but am unable to find thier website so I can ask. Anyone know how you can contact Harris Farms?

Ive read on another thread about these incubators and some accidents on hatch where chicks can get thier beaks or heads injured from the fan and you can order a silicon fan cover for it by contacting customer service and they will send you one but am unable to find thier website so I can ask. Anyone know how you can contact Harris Farms?

They fixed this issue if you have a new incubator.

I dont know about that. I looked at it after I read the thread about it and looks like they could still poke a beak up there by accident.

I dont know about that. I looked at it after I read the thread about it and looks like they could still poke a beak up there by accident.

I compared mine to the older ones and the holes are much smaller and I have successfully hatched chicks with no issues but I'm sure you could contact them and ask for peace of mind. The only contact information I see on my instructions for Harris Farms is this email, [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom