Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Pics
Make that four!

But one keeps flipping over and can't get back upright very well. She also has an umbilical cord looking thing, and is dragging around part of her shell.../sigh.

Congrats! They usually figure out the flipping. Sometimes the naval is a little open. Just leave it in the incubator longer and make sure it's not catching on anything and bleeding.

It happens occasionally. You can pinch the cord with tweezers and snip it so the shell doesn't pull on the navel.

The flipping babies usually figure things out but if it doesn't correct itself even after it starts to dry you can take it out of the incubator and hold it in the normal upright position for a bit. I think this happens when the fluid in the neck doesn't go down quickly. The fluid build up is what gives a chick the strength to break out if the shell but when they're out you will occasionally see a baby that keeps flipping backwards.

I shut off all the lights after I got her right side up...and now she seems to be ok.

4 out of 11 have hatched still...but I hear chirping in the incubator, and 4 or 5 more have pipped :)

Quick question to you all? I did some testing with my other incubator before I took the eggs out and candled. Have you noticed that humidity rebounds REALLY quickly? Both my GoVee, and the on board display show it. I'm talking within seconds at 60% to 70%. I had to open it to remove that chick and make sure she was viable and not messed up (visual test, checked for curled feet or a skewed over neck). I've had my other incubator running since last night at temp...so I put her in there to dry off. I only lost 3% humidity on the on board...and 2% on the GoVee.

I think the clamshell of the lid holds ALL the humidity in, so when you shut it you have almost no loss. I closed the upper vent before I did it, too.

I haven't opened mine very much, but now that you mention it, yes, temp and humidity bounce back much quicker than one would think they would.
I keep the lid level so no rolling of moisture into the electronics on top.
The domed top vs a flat top has to figure into the equation somehow because we know hot air rises.

I haven't opened mine very much, but now that you mention it, yes, temp and humidity bounce back much quicker than one would think they would.
I keep the lid level so no rolling of moisture into the electronics on top.
The domed top vs a flat top has to figure into the equation somehow because we know hot air rises.

I've tried it with both incubators. Response to closing the lid is immediate if you are efficient and don't leave it open forever.

I've tried it with both incubators. Response to closing the lid is immediate if you are efficient and don't leave it open forever.
Sorry, I was meaning a flat lid of other types of incubators. I know the different models of ours are all domed inside where the clear plastic is.
I could imagine opening a flat lid of some of the ones I've seen on Amazon and all the heat and humidity going right out. ...almost like a whoosh!

Quick question to you all? I did some testing with my other incubator before I took the eggs out and candled. Have you noticed that humidity rebounds REALLY quickly? Both my GoVee, and the on board display show it. I'm talking within seconds at 60% to 70%. I had to open it to remove that chick and make sure she was viable and not messed up (visual test, checked for curled feet or a skewed over neck). I've had my other incubator running since last night at temp...so I put her in there to dry off. I only lost 3% humidity on the on board...and 2% on the GoVee.

I think the clamshell of the lid holds ALL the humidity in, so when you shut it you have almost no loss. I closed the upper vent before I did it, too.

Yes they return to correct temp and humidity very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom