Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Currently 🥰
BE75033D-0B7F-4196-A142-9CFBE5DB3977.jpeg
But on a side note !!!!
Does anyone get anxiety when a chick freshly hatches and is still flipping all around ?!
Especially chicks with vaulted skulls 😬😬

Currently 🥰
View attachment 2271195
But on a side note !!!!
Does anyone get anxiety when a chick freshly hatches and is still flipping all around ?!
Especially chicks with vaulted skulls 😬😬

So sweet! I have chicks hatching at this very moment as well!
It used to bother me, that's part of why I started using the no skid shelf liner for hatch too. They hatch perfectly fine without it but I just feel better about giving them a little something to flop around on. Lol

I've got nothing to lose lol. Once the eggs in that incubator are done, I'll clean it out and run it with the first tub filled (keeps me right around 45%...vs 25%-35% without) again. I tried that with my 0/6 Ayam Cemani hatch...but I still don't think any of those were viable.
FWIW, you, Cluck, and myself live in a similar climate. Hers being the hottest and most humid.
We all use AC to varying degrees, but more than those up north.
Two whole hatches here but mine were both around 45% until day 17, then 65-70% for hatch.
And I know the depth of the water should not matter, but I found keeping my first channel only half full was key to keeping the humidity right where I needed it to be. So much so I measured the water and usually put it in twice a day

As you know my second hatch was shipped eggs, and I know of about 4 or 5 others who got the same breed of eggs from the same seller and mine was one of the better hatches. All of mine that went into lockdown hatched.

FWIW, you, Cluck, and myself live in a similar climate. Hers being the hottest and most humid.
Two whole hatches here but mine were both around 45% until day 17, then 65-70% for hatch.
And I know the depth of the water should not matter, but I found keeping my first channel only half full was key to keeping the humidity right where I needed it to be. So much so I measured the water and usually put it in twice a day

As you know my second hatch was shipped eggs, and I know of about 4 or 5 others who got the same breed of eggs from the same seller and mine was one of the better hatches. All of mine that went into lockdown hatched.
I came in late to this, but I wanted to add I found a hatch I did earlier in the season had much higher humidity, presumably because my property backs some mild swamp land, but I wasn’t using the air conditioning as much. Now that it’s super hot, I run the a/c all the time and my humidity runs lower. When it was crazy high with the vent open, and the extra plug pulled, I put a little dip bowl in there instead of filling the bottom, so it had less surface area, I set it on top of the turner in the middle and it rode the ride so to speak haha.

I think my current hatch is still early enough to increase the humidity now and still reap the possible benefits (two eggs are day 11, the remaining 12 are day 5). Though...in candling them tonight it looks like a fair number weren't fertilized. I'll wait till day 10 on the newer group to start discarding them though.

And...just for fun...here's a video of the calmest, quietest, sweetest, and maybe cutest chick I've ever seen. I mean, its just a cute fuzzbutt, but I think the calmness massively adds to the cute factor lol.

I think my current hatch is still early enough to increase the humidity now and still reap the possible benefits (two eggs are day 11, the remaining 12 are day 5). Though...in candling them tonight it looks like a fair number weren't fertilized. I'll wait till day 10 on the newer group to start discarding them though.

And...just for fun...here's a video of the calmest, quietest, sweetest, and maybe cutest chick I've ever seen. I mean, its just a cute fuzzbutt, but I think the calmness massively adds to the cute factor lol.

I love chill babies! We just hatched English Orpingtons and they're extremely docile. I've come to the conclusion that the heavier breeds are the sweetest. Lol

I love chill babies too! So cute!
When I was watching the first video I wondered to myself if perhaps some of the insides were black. Obviously no way to know right now, but I did wonder if it got the darker inside spots.

View attachment 1688630
I know with Spring right around the corner, and chick fever setting in there are a lot of people out there looking to purchase their first incubator, or maybe you're still looking for that incubator with a better hatch rate that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, so I wanted to share my experience!

I did a lot of research before purchasing an incubator and there are good and bad reviews for even the most expensive incubators out there so taking my budget into account and what I wanted from my incubator I am SO happy with the results I got from my new Harris Farms Nurture Right 360! If you do your own research on the incubator most of the bad reviews you will find are on a couple of design flaws in the older models where the holes covering the fan were too large and it needed a cover on the digital readout to prevent it from shorting out from the high humidity at hatch time. In the newer models, these issues have been resolved but if you get an older incubator you can email the company and they will send you the appropriate parts to fix it.

View attachment 1688764
So back to the PROS of this incubator, at least for me!
- It comes with an automatic turner! I found that the most reasonable incubators often require manual egg turning and if you purchase the accompanying auto turner you find yourself around the same price as this incubator or more.
- It also has an egg candler built-in to the top of the incubator. It worked well for the sake of testing it but I will admit that I didn't use it much because I prefer my little high lumen flashlight.
- The visibility all the way around the incubator was a HUGE selling point for me! I could say it was for my daughter to be able to learn from the experience but if I'm being really honest, I most definitely spent the most hours sitting in front of the incubator in awe as the chicks hatched. lol
- The temperature and humidity stayed stable throughout the entire incubation process as long as you add distilled water daily. :thumbsup
- You add water from outside of the incubator so you don't disturb the temp and humidity.
- The company calibrated the thermometer and hygrometer well and I didn't have to go through the headache of trying to adjust it myself.
- This is thanks to the visibility as well but I was able to clearly see that all of the chicks hatched with zero issues. The eggs zipped cleanly and chicks were healthy! Yes, some of this is from genetics but it makes a big difference when the temp and humidity stay stable for the chicks ease of hatching.
- Because I was incubating different breeds my smaller eggs hatched earlier and I didn't want to leave the chicks in too long. Since the larger eggs hadn't pipped yet I took the risk of quickly opening the incubator and removing the hatched chicks. While I don't recommend doing that, what I was pleasantly surprised to find is that the humidity returned to normal in seconds and the rest of the chicks hatched without issue.

View attachment 1688718
CONS
- The top is a bit cumbersome to open and close but once you get used to it it's not so bad. I have also seen where someone used the adhesive plastic hooks and attached them to the sides upside down so that it was easier to hook their fingers under and open.
- The incubator holds 22 eggs but I feel like it would be very cramped in there if all of the eggs are viable at the time of hatch. I had quite a few infertile eggs because they were the first eggs of the season (8 infertile eggs to be exact) and 2 were quitters early in embryo development (it's impossible for me to know if the 2 quitters were due to the incubator or something else but I feel with my experience that it's less likely to be related to the incubator). All but one of the developed chicks hatched successfully and I candled right before lockdown and didn't feel good about that egg prior to closing the lid. It was also a poopy egg that I was hatching for a friend, I typically only use clean eggs as the bacteria can enter the porous shell and may have been responsible for the late embryo death. So my first run with the incubator gave me approximately 80% hatch rate (not including the infertile eggs). I anticipate having an even better hatch when I'm pickier about the eggs I set to begin with. - I'll update this later.

View attachment 1688773

***I promise all of these pictures were taken through the plastic. I did not open the incubator to take pictures. lol

For anyone that reads this far through the thread I would assume you're actually interested in the incubator. So the best tip I have is that I used a condiment bottle to add the water and I left the vent open all the way through the entire incubation because I felt the ventilation was important and it didn't effect my ability to keep the humidity where I wanted it.
View attachment 1688789

So my experience was great! I'd love to hear about your experiences with the Nurture Right 360!
I'll be participating in the Easter Hatch-A-Long with the same incubator so I will update my opinion if it changes. :jumpy
I actually found one yesterday at TSC. If it’s still there after this month, I’m going to grab it. It would be easier to hatch my quail in it.

Back
Top Bottom