Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

@CluckNDoodle This is off subject, but do you have a Facebook farm page? I’d love to follow if so! You’re so knowledgeable!!

I do, but I don't post anything intelligent on it. Lol! :lau

I mostly post when I have upcoming hatches for local people that request chicks. So it's just candling and chick pictures with the occasional meme.

Busy B's Backyard

I was just curious how people knew there was an internal pip if you don't candle. I suppose hearing a chick inside the egg would be a good indication but I'm hearing impaired so I'm not sure if I would hear it or not.

When you've been hatching for a while you will notice a slight fluctuation in the humidity when the chicks are internally pipped. Your humidity will be stable and then you'll notice it increasing slightly without any external or environmental changes other than the moisture being released from internal pips. ;) Other than that you would need to candle to see the triangle shaped shadow to know for sure which ones have internally pipped.

I was just curious how people knew there was an internal pip if you don't candle. I suppose hearing a chick inside the egg would be a good indication but I'm hearing impaired so I'm not sure if I would hear it or not.

Like these

5-10-20 Internally pipped peachick.JPG
5-29-20 Internally pipped Turkey.JPG

When you've been hatching for a while you will notice a slight fluctuation in the humidity when the chicks are internally pipped. Your humidity will be stable and then you'll notice it increasing slightly without any external or environmental changes other than the moisture being released from internal pips. ;) Other than that you would need to candle to see the triangle shaped shadow to know for sure which ones have internally pipped.

Now that you mention it, I did see my humidity jump from 60 to 62 and now at 64....

Now that you mention it, I did see my humidity jump from 60 to 62 and now at 64....

See! You're already starting to notice the little signs! :D Fingers crossed for a great hatch!

I have Sebastopol geese in my incubator right now and they are taking their sweet time getting started...I thought I would see internal pips yesterday but NOPE! It can take 3 days for goslings to hatch and these were shipped. Goslings always stress me out at this stage. Lol

Back
Top Bottom