Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Plugged the incubator back into the regular power supply, fired right up. That cord is fine, but it did heat a little. No damage to the incubator, and in an emergency, I have gas in my car. That is what people were doing in the big outage in Texas, sleeping in their cars to stay warm!

I think it would depend on the size of your 12 volt system. Golf cart batteries with 100 amp hours? Run it fine. Little jumper box? From my test run, don't bother. Plug it into a running vehicle? Good to go.
Shows how much I understand this stuff - I thought all 12v batteries were the same!

The battery can run our travel trailer for up to four days. But it’s a moot point now because my husband remembered that he ran wiring through the trailer connecting the inverter to the battery and he doesn’t want to pull it out. We also have a car inverter so if we have a power outage lasting longer than two hours the incubator will go in the car.

Shows how much I understand this stuff - I thought all 12v batteries were the same!

The battery can run our travel trailer for up to four days. But it’s a moot point now because my husband remembered that he ran wiring through the trailer connecting the inverter to the battery and he doesn’t want to pull it out. We also have a car inverter so if we have a power outage lasting longer than two hours the incubator will go in the car.
The reason I wanted this style of plug is to not use an inverter. You will loose maybe 15% of your power converting to 110, only to convert it back to 12 volt for the incubator. Lots of trailers have a 12 volt system and a 110 volt. A battery big enough to power your trailer will power your incubator for a while!

Well today is day 22. 12 of the 13 hatched. Looks like the last one was a very late quitter. Candled last night and everything looks developed as normal but no movement. Kinda sucks but thats how it goes. Anyway. Since everyone loves little fluff butts here are a couple pics
37DA0CD4-B59E-407F-8B62-B9CF6DE57D88.jpeg
0F10C788-D9FA-49B6-ACFD-D4CC090D048D.jpeg

Speaking of candling. Is the candler on this incubator any good
or do you guys recommend getting a separate one. If so,any
recommendations.
Congratulations on your hatch.

I feel like it's just ok. The light itself is bright but there is a lot of light that bleeds through the plastic and any light that isn't focused inside the egg makes it harder to see. I personally don't use it and I like my separate high lumen flashlight.

Back
Top Bottom