Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

O
It looks clear to me for day 10. Day 10 is one of my favorite candling days because you can see them swimming around.
Okay thanks for that confirmation; that makes it a lot easier for me to take it out. This thread has contributed the most to me enjoying this experience btw (because I don’t have the anxiety of not knowing what to do because of my lack of experience). Edit: So that you for that, too!

O

Okay thanks for that confirmation; that makes it a lot easier for me to take it out. This thread has contributed the most to me enjoying this experience btw (because I don’t have the anxiety of not knowing what to do because of my lack of experience). Edit: So that you for that, too!

I'm so glad you have found it helpful! 🤗💕

Hey, any chance I can set eggs in the same incubator as eggs on day 14 if I don’t have a separate hatcher? My guess is that not being turned during days 4-7/8 for the first set’s lockdown would be bad for them. And the bacteria from the first set hatching would be around the second set. Never mind, I talked myself out of it.

I am so bummed. Seven out of 18 developing chicks seemed to have died in the past two days. I’m bombing at incubating. That’s okay. I’ll keep learning. I was asking because I have the chance for someone to bring me some more hatching eggs of breeds I want directly from a breeder but it has to be tomorrow. I only wanted to do one brood for the year. But maybe doing another will be fun.

Edit: *Adding a Hatcher to my wish list*

Hey, any chance I can set eggs in the same incubator as eggs on day 14 if I don’t have a separate hatcher? My guess is that not being turned during days 4-7/8 for the first set’s lockdown would be bad for them. And the bacteria from the first set hatching would be around the second set. Never mind, I talked myself out of it.

I am so bummed. Seven out of 18 developing chicks seemed to have died in the past two days. I’m bombing at incubating. That’s okay. I’ll keep learning. I was asking because I have the chance for someone to bring me some more hatching eggs of breeds I want directly from a breeder but it has to be tomorrow. I only wanted to do one brood for the year. But maybe doing another will be fun.

And three of the 11 have air cells on the side and my understanding is that they don’t have a good chance at hatch.

Ive been having a lot of quitters as well. I candled my eggs that are set to hatch next week and out of the 12 I started with, 4 were infertile (I need one more rooster) and 4 quit. I don’t know if there’s something I’m doing wrong to cause all these quitters but the NR360 seems to be holding temperature and humidity just fine.

My broody hen will not have very many chicks to raise unless I can successfully stick some hatchery chicks in with these... Since she’s a first time broody and we’re supposed to have nice temps next week, I’m going to separate her and give her the eggs before hatching. She’s been really good at brooding her golf balls so I hope moving her goes well. I have chicks coming for my other broody hens so hopefully I can stick a couple more in with this hen. 🤞

Could you make a simple Hatcher to place the 14 day eggs in? They’ll be day 15 tomorrow when you could get the new eggs. The now 15 day old eggs don’t need to be turned anymore - or you hand turn them a day or 2 more. So you’re looking at keeping them at the 99.5 and humidity over 65% starting at day 19 or 20 (damp sponge?). There’s lots of diy incubator plans on the web :)

Also could you get the eggs and just hold them for the week until your current hatch happens? Holding them 7-9 days before setting them doesn’t seem too long if they eggs are fresh laid.
Just trying to be an enabler - lol!

I like using my IncuView as a hatcher because it's so easy to clean and it's also handy to have for larger poultry and waterfowl, such as turkeys and geese because the turner in the IncuView is sufficient for those and you won't need to hand turn. Just plan on having to tinker with it a bit throughout the hatch and have at least two extra calibrated thermometers to keep in there at all times because it's a bit finicky. Still, the easiest incubator I've ever cleaned, makes me happy every time, lol.

Anyway, to answer your initial question, you can get away with just about anything with a little extra planning. You can continue to open the incubator and hand turn the new eggs until you see pips on the hatching eggs. Once the other chicks start hatching they will kick the eggs around anyway so it's kind of like turning them, lol. It's not my preference to do staggered hatches like this and that's part of why I now have multiple incubators but it can and does work if that's what you would like to do.

And three of the 11 have air cells on the side and my understanding is that they don’t have a good chance at hatch.

Like, directly on the side? Not just tilted or saddled? That's tough...I haven't had many like this but yes it's really hard for them to hatch because once they turn to get in position for hatching my experience is that the air cell disappears entirely so the only way they can hatch is if they pip through the shell for their initial "internal" pip. It's not impossible though, just a reduced chance of them hatching successfully and it's very difficult to assist because where would you even try to open the egg if the air cell disappears, you know? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom