Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Should I be worried if my 2 wiggly eggs no longer wiggle? Day 19, one day in lockdown. Temp is stable at 99.5-100 and humidity at 75-76%.

Edit: they all look right in terms of air cells and opacity and stuff. But no obvious movement inside. (I haven't touched them since lockdown, just a really bright flashlight from outside the incubator.)

Last edited:
Should I be worried if my 2 wiggly eggs no longer wiggle? Day 19, one day in lockdown. Temp is stable at 99.5-100 and humidity at 75-76%.

Edit: they all look right in terms of air cells and opacity and stuff. But no obvious movement inside. (I haven't touched them since lockdown, just a really bright flashlight from outside the incubator.)

Nope, still nothing to worry about. You really shouldn't see too much movement until they start to hatch at this point. The wiggling you did see was the chick rotating to get into position for hatch.

That humidity is a tad on the high side in my opinion if you don't see external pips yet because it's going to spike once the pip externally.

The vent hole in this incubator isn't big enough. Is it safe to crack the lid a touch if the temp stays ok?

I wouldn't crack it because you risk creating cold spots at the bottom where the eggs are. The vent is big enough if you just leave it open all the way. There are also overflow holes in the base that second as more ventilation.

Here are 4 of my 6 eggs, day 19....

20220208_174151.jpg
20220208_174231.jpg
20220208_174219.jpg
20220208_174021.jpg

Thoughts? These guys got down to 38% humidity around day 12 for up to 6 hours. while I was sleeping. They definitely continued to get more opaque since then, so babies didn't die I don't think. IDK why.

Here are 4 of my 6 eggs, day 19....

View attachment 2987825View attachment 2987823View attachment 2987824View attachment 2987822

Thoughts? These guys got down to 38% humidity around day 12 for up to 6 hours. while I was sleeping. They definitely continued to get more opaque since then, so babies didn't die I don't think. IDK why.

It's hard to say from these pictures. I can't see well enough but the size of the air cells makes me think they're drawing down for hatch.

Back
Top Bottom