Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Not sure if any of the eggs in the incubator made it. 😢. I didn't notice movement. S5 I could see veins but no embryo and veins seemed to move.

But weights. First weight is day received or laid. 2nd is today day 8

S4 58g. 54g
S3. 58g. 54g
S9. 68g. 64g
D3. 48g. 41g
S5. 54g. 51g

So seemed to lose about what they should so what did I do wrong with no movement???? Did I cook them?

Attachments

• received_713862353133444.jpeg
    received_713862353133444.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
  • received_515843646848976.jpeg
    received_515843646848976.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 3
  • received_1019462475598843.jpeg
    received_1019462475598843.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
  • received_390822382908498.jpeg
    received_390822382908498.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • received_1312711786153733.jpeg
    received_1312711786153733.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3
  • received_1363119184129921.jpeg
    received_1363119184129921.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3
You can't see any veins? What candler are you using? I also usually find it easiest to candle with air cell side down. I'm sorry.

What's the humidity been? How many thermometers do you have? Maybe the thermometer is off, maybe the incubator is off... I don't know.
I have 3 calibrated thermometers in there. Posted the temps from the govee a bit earlier. The other 2 when I peek have been around the same temps. so average of 99.5-99.4 but it did spike last night for about 45 min (according to the govee) to 101-101.3 no clue why as it was overnight so no reason for it to go that high. Humidity has been 43-46

I am using a 1500 Lumens flashlight. most were air cell side down. One looked like it has an air cell on both sides????? One the air cell is on the small side. This is the same light I have been using and veins were visible before in D3 and S5. S9 has mainly only been a dot but thought I saw it move the other day. S5 I saw I think veins but no embryo today. but veins seemed to move a bit????

I have 3 calibrated thermometers in there. Posted the temps from the govee a bit earlier. The other 2 when I peek have been around the same temps. so average of 99.5-99.4 but it did spike last night for about 45 min (according to the govee) to 101-101.3 no clue why as it was overnight so no reason for it to go that high. Humidity has been 43-46

I am using a 1500 Lumens flashlight. most were air cell side down. One looked like it has an air cell on both sides????? One the air cell is on the small side. This is the same light I have been using and veins were visible before in D3 and S5. S9 has mainly only been a dot but thought I saw it move the other day. S5 I saw I think veins but no embryo today. but veins seemed to move a bit????
I have no idea, I'm sorry!

Not sure if any of the eggs in the incubator made it. 😢. I didn't notice movement. S5 I could see veins but no embryo and veins seemed to move.

But weights. First weight is day received or laid. 2nd is today day 8

S4 58g. 54g
S3. 58g. 54g
S9. 68g. 64g
D3. 48g. 41g
S5. 54g. 51g

So seemed to lose about what they should so what did I do wrong with no movement???? Did I cook them?

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you think they quit. 101 for such a short period of time shouldn't have caused them to quit. In a still air incubator some people set their incubators as high as 102, though I personally never set mine that high even when using still air, it should not have been what caused them to quit in such a short spike.
These we're all shipped eggs correct? If you're seeing issues with air cells from shipping it's possible that the box was jostled around a lot on the way to you. The dark spots do give the impression of an early quitter but it may just be harder to see in the others where you don't see the embryo. I would check again in a couple of days to see if there is more development in any of them. :fl

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you think they quit. 101 for such a short period of time shouldn't have caused them to quit. In a still air incubator some people set their incubators as high as 102, though I personally never set mine that high even when using still air, it should not have been what caused them to quit in such a short spike.
These we're all shipped eggs correct? If you're seeing issues with air cells from shipping it's possible that the box was jostled around a lot on the way to you. The dark spots do give the impression of an early quitter but it may just be harder to see in the others where you don't see the embryo. I would check again in a couple of days to see if there is more development in any of them. :fl
D3 wasn't shipped that is from my broody. The others were shipped. Does 3 look like it quit to you?

D3 wasn't shipped that is from my broody. The others were shipped. Does 3 look like it quit to you?

I actually can't see well enough in the other eggs to make any kind of determination but D3 is the one that appears to have an embryo by the shell there and I would think you would see movement with it that close. As veins recede they will sort of sink more readily. I don't know how else to describe that.
I never like making a call from pictures though because it's much harder to tell in a picture what someone is seeing in person.

I actually can't see well enough in the other eggs to make any kind of determination but D3 is the one that appears to have an embryo by the shell there and I would think you would see movement with it that close. As veins recede they will sort of sink more readily. I don't know how else to describe that.
I never like making a call from pictures though because it's much harder to tell in a picture what someone is seeing in person.
I tried to move the egg to see if the embryo would sink or move but it stayed in the same spot.... Guess I will see what the next few days bring

Back
Top Bottom