Harris Farms vs Brinsea Maxi II???

I bought the Nurture Right earlier this year. Have done two batches (one for chicken, one for quail). The lid is slightly annoying, but other than that, I've had no issues. When I bought it I had the option for warranty (I got it at my local TSC) and it's got a year long one :)

I bought the Nurture Right earlier this year. Have done two batches (one for chicken, one for quail). The lid is slightly annoying, but other than that, I've had no issues. When I bought it I had the option for warranty (I got it at my local TSC) and it's got a year long one :)

Oooh that might be a good option... I wonder if TSC still offers a warranty for online purchases?

Okay, so we will be hatching eggs this spring, and I’m looking into what incubator I want to get. For midrange devices, reviews seem to be quite mixed so I thought I’d see what people had experienced with either of these brands:

Brinsea Maxi II Advanced Automatic Egg Incubator

Vs

Harris Farms Nurture Right Incubator

These are the main two I’ve been looking into. I would be using it to hatch 12 chicken eggs(maybe quail eggs later as well). The Brinsea is riiiiiiight at the top of my price range. Regardless of what model I get, I plan to have additional thermometers/hygrometers inside the unit to help monitor temp/humidity.

What do you all think? What are your experiences with these models? Have you had decent success with something else that is $300 or below?
I have both of these incubators abs enjoy both of them. Viewing is great just both but I have a little better hatch rate with my Brinsea.

I have had back luck with my NR360. I probably just got a lemon, which happens and I have heard good things about it. It did very well at first, but then, the automatic egg turner quit working. I could still turn them with the feature that lets you test the turning. Then the temperature started going wonky and I could not change the setting.

I was able to contact the manufacturer and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so the gave me my money back. The warranty is 1 year.

I just bought a Brinsea Ovation 28 Advance and I'm trying it out, so I don't have any feedback other than it keeps a steady temperature and humidity. It does have a 3 year warranty.

I would say, try the NR360, but make sure you keep your receipt, just in case you have a problem, because other than getting a defective one, it seems to be a pretty good incubator.

I just got a Brinsea. Different model (Ovation 56 EX). I liked the 3-year warranty, and I've found their customer service to be very responsive. I contacted them about some issues I was having getting humidity up, and they both called AND emailed me to troubleshoot and offer possible solutions. I will say that I can tell that this particular model will not be fun to clean (it has an inner lid and an outer lid, which need to be separated to clean properly, and that involves 8 screws). It's pretty "set it and forget it."

With that said, a friend of mine has the 360 and she absolutely adores it. Humidity management in it seems to be finicky; she mentioned to me that she has issues with humidity if she so much as cracks a window or door in her house. Aside from that, so far, she has no complaints, and she finds that the touchiness of the humidity isn't that big of a deal.

I just got a Brinsea. Different model (Ovation 56 EX). I liked the 3-year warranty, and I've found their customer service to be very responsive. I contacted them about some issues I was having getting humidity up, and they both called AND emailed me to troubleshoot and offer possible solutions. I will say that I can tell that this particular model will not be fun to clean (it has an inner lid and an outer lid, which need to be separated to clean properly, and that involves 8 screws). It's pretty "set it and forget it."

With that said, a friend of mine has the 360 and she absolutely adores it. Humidity management in it seems to be finicky; she mentioned to me that she has issues with humidity if she so much as cracks a window or door in her house. Aside from that, so far, she has no complaints, and she finds that the touchiness of the humidity isn't that big of a deal.
Brinsea is always best. The service and the product quality is incredible. I also have a Ovation and it's an excellent incubator!

Back
Top Bottom