Harris Farms vs Brinsea Maxi II???

Stephanie8806

Songster
5 Years
Feb 18, 2019
Central Washington State
Okay, so we will be hatching eggs this spring, and I’m looking into what incubator I want to get. For midrange devices, reviews seem to be quite mixed so I thought I’d see what people had experienced with either of these brands:

Brinsea Maxi II Advanced Automatic Egg Incubator

Vs

Harris Farms Nurture Right Incubator

These are the main two I’ve been looking into. I would be using it to hatch 12 chicken eggs(maybe quail eggs later as well). The Brinsea is riiiiiiight at the top of my price range. Regardless of what model I get, I plan to have additional thermometers/hygrometers inside the unit to help monitor temp/humidity.

What do you all think? What are your experiences with these models? Have you had decent success with something else that is $300 or below?

I have both of these incubators. I used the Brinsea without any issues whatsoever this past Spring and also last month. I love it. I just bought the NR360 last month and used it as a "hatcher" for staggered hatches. It worked well for this. The only down side I can see with the NR360 is the way the lid fits. I found this very annoying. My experience with it is limited. Plan to use it more this Spring. The NR360 has a bit more clearance if you need to hatch upright for any reason, but I had no issues with the Brinsea doing this with shipped eggs last Spring. The NR360 is about half the price of the Brinsea. The Brinsea is a bit easier to clean. The NR360 was a bit easier to keep the humidity where I wanted it.
Both are excellent incubators from what I understand. The Brinsea has a 3 year warranty.
Good luck!😊

I used my NatureRight on shipped eggs and got decent hatches considering I didn't know you had do do certain things for shipped eggs.

Thank you! It will be my first time as well, and I’m reading up about all the recommendations for shipped eggs 👍🏻. My husband would certainly be happier with the Harris Farms model, as it’s half the price of the Brinsea 😂

I have both of these incubators. I used the Brinsea without any issues whatsoever this past Spring and also last month. I love it. I just bought the NR360 last month and used it as a "hatcher" for staggered hatches. It worked well for this. The only down side I can see with the NR360 is the way the lid fits. I found this very annoying. My experience with it is limited. Plan to use it more this Spring. The NR360 has a bit more clearance if you need to hatch upright for any reason, but I had no issues with the Brinsea doing this with shipped eggs last Spring. The NR360 is about half the price of the Brinsea. The Brinsea is a bit easier to clean. The NR360 was a bit easier to keep the humidity where I wanted it.
Both are excellent incubators from what I understand. The Brinsea has a 3 year warranty.
Good luck!😊

Thank you for the comparison! I do like that the Brinsea comes with a 3 year warranty... what’s the warranty for the NR360, do you know?

I have both incubators running side by side for the past 6 weeks. Been hatching shipped eggs with a development rate
of about 80% and hatch rate of 80% on those that developed. Results have been the same in the 2 bators. Have switched eggs between bators multiple times to accommodate hatching days.

They are very similar incubators. The Harris has a larger capacity and better visibility. Other than the lid issue I have seen no negatives. The Brinsea is easier to clean and feels more solid. No built in hygrometer for the Brinsea. Brinsea is pricier. Durability who knows?

Back
Top Bottom