Has anybody tried and coops from Lovupet?

I think you could find something more substantial than that. I live in Western NC and my coop has regular windows to close in cold weather to keep chickens out of the draft. Plenty of ventilation in top of ceiling.

i have 3 adult hens right now, but I want to purchase a larger run for my flock expansion in the near future. I was debating building one from scratch, but I think with my work schedule, it's going to be difficult to build my own.

I'm going to buy a prefab coop and run, but I have no idea what to get for $600 or under. I want to keep anywhere between 8 to 10 birds, some of which will be bantams.

I found this on Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lovupet-...&wl9=pla&wmlspartner=wlpa&wmlspartner=wmtlabs (sorry for the ugly link).

It has no reviews, and I don't recognize the brand. What do you guys think? Should I take a gamble and get it?
I read a review and it trashes it for it's very flimsy/thin pine wood and poor construction and broken parts. It looks like a good design, just sounds poorly executed. In the southern half of the country ground contact parts would start to rot out in a few years and be eaten by termites, sometimes in less than two years. If you use this, putting the parts that touch the ground up on concrete after using a good paint or protective stain/sealer over the entire structure would help. Perhaps you can solicit help from a handy person to execute a small and simple coop/run. $600 could cover a small build, if the helper works free or for a token payment of perhaps $50 to $100. Consider using salvaged fence for the top of the run and any salvage framing lumber you can find. Use treated lumber for the parts that touch the ground or foundation, for longer life. Good luck and happy chickens!

Back
Top Bottom