Has anybody tried ultrasonic mouse/rat control in their coops?

Im surprised that Just One Bite isnt working. Ive just about decimated my rat population, but it took about a month of consistantly putting bait out and removing all other food sources.

Quote:
It probably is working, I'm just impatient! I have it in PVC pipes so the chickens can't reach, but I have two hens with chicks and so am worried that the chicks will run right through the pipes. We have seen 4 to 5 rats/mice this week. There are probably a lot more, but the Just One Bite is disappearing, so maybe they will, too.

Note to self - don't kill any more rat snakes! He was in the coop eating newborn chicks, so he had to go. We didn't have a rodent problem before that.

This is the first year I havent seen any snakes in my barn, and the rodent population exploded. The Just One Bite doesnt work immediately, it takes 4 or 5 days. If they are eatin it, its workin.

They've been scientifically evaluated several times. The results all indicate they're ineffective.

I put the rat bars on a bamboo skewer stuck in the ground. That way they can't drag the bar off and no chance of inadvertant poisoning and I can monitor how much has been chewed off and if there is any new population growth. I always keep a couple bars around the backyard coop area just as a monitor and control and only bust out he PP/PB for big time activity.
We are probally going to have a population explosion happening here soon. It hasn't rained here for over 3 months, very very dry. Come Fall with the first big rains it must signal a mouse orgy or something because like clockwork 2-3 weeks after heavy rains there are hundreds of baby mice running around.

Cory

Those are opihis on a bbq. A kind of limpet found here in Hawaii. They are a delicacy here in Hawaii usually served at Weddings, first baby luau, graduations.
Very dangerous to collect because they live on rock areas where the waves break onto the sharp rocks. Every year there are a couple people drown picking opihi here in Hawaii. You need to time it just right, after a big wave breaks on the rocks and then recedes, you run out collect a couple, keep an eye out for the next wave and run back to safety before the next wave sweeps you out to sea..................Cory

Back
Top Bottom