Has anyone bought chicks online...

Five of my six gals came from mpc.com I decided to order from them so I coulded get 6 different breeds as sexed day old chicks. The box they came in was genius. I only lost one. Luckily the local feed store had a hatch roughly the same age so I was able to replace Noodle the first. My gals are happy and healthy. I am looking forwatd to eggs soon. Good luck.

jumpy.gif

I received my 8 chicks from MPC on July 15th. I've had some issues with one of them (ongoing pasty/poopie backside) but honestly since these are my first chickens I tend to blame myself rather than find fault with MPC. All 8 arrived in good condition and all 8 are alive and growing more chicken-like every day. No complaints about their customer service either.

My best friend who gave me the chicken fever got hers from MyPetChicken and all six Silkies are pecking around her yard to this day.
smile.png

Thanks for everyones responses. I broke down and bought 6 assorted silkies "straight run" (whatever that means). They are suppose to ship Oct. 17th. I wish it was soon, but they were really out of stock.

Quote:
I've looked on craig's list for the surrounding area and all I can find is white and/or not bearded. I really want some bearded silkies in either buff or blue really bad.
love.gif
I love those guys.

You might ask on the BYC state forum where you live. I have been amazed by the number of folks that raise chickens, including silkies in Georgia.

Good luck!

Great idea buy the way! I will try that now!! Thank you!

Quote:
You might ask on the BYC state forum where you live. I have been amazed by the number of folks that raise chickens, including silkies in Georgia.

Good luck!

Great idea buy the way! I will try that now!! Thank you!

From my limited experience with chickens I found out that straight run means you take your chances - they could be pullets or roos - they aren't sexed.
smile.png

Last edited:
ok another stupid question: Is a roo a rooster and a pullet a hen? I'm not up on my chicken jargen
idunno.gif

Quote:
Yup. Roo = Rooster. Pullet is a young female/hen.

I'm glad to hear all the positive responses about MPC. I've got an order of 7 chicks shipping next week.

MPC is great. I haven't bought eggs from them but lots of other things and they have fair prices and good customer service. I think I may try some eggs from them,too. I just ordered eggs from eBay from 2 different people and have eggs incubating now. Each person sent well packed eggs plus extras....in one order I paid for 6 and got 23! No eggs were broken. On day 5, I had to remove a rotten, weeping egg but that can happen for alot of reasons. So overall it's worked out well and I would order again. Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom