Has anyone bought chicks online...

morgakl2

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Has anyone ever bought chicks online from www.mypetchicken.com? I have tried incubating my own hen's eggs and shipped eggs from BYC. I'm 0/18
hit.gif
I'm giving up on incubating and want to try young chicks in the mail. Any suggestions? Like is getting chicks from mypetchicken like going to a "puppy mill"?

I have ordered from them four times and think they are great. My chicks always arrived in good condition and are all happy and healthy still.
smile.png

thank you so much for your response. I guess I'll go ahead and order some! I'm so sad looking at the big box and 20 lb surplus supply of pine shavings, heat lamp, and chick feeder filled with no chicks. I guess I really shouldn't have counted my chicks before they hatched.
he.gif

I have bought chicks from mypetchicken twice and was /am very happy with all of them. They are beautiful, healthy happy chickens. I bought sexed bantams and when I got an "accidental" roo, they not only refunded the cost of the chicken, but replaced him with a free one as well with my next order (but we love him anyway). They will ship you a small order and you can order sexed chicks.

My experience ordering from Purely Poultry was totally different. i ordered five bantam Sultans and they threw in TEN barred rock LF chicks I did not order that were already beating up my Sultan babies before I got them out of the box. Thankfully, I rehomed all ten of them.

Good luck with your chicks!

deb g

Quote:
I've looked on craig's list for the surrounding area and all I can find is white and/or not bearded. I really want some bearded silkies in either buff or blue really bad.
love.gif
I love those guys.

I ordered from them and got 9 babies. One died in transit, and the other ended up being culled several weeks later due to a horrendous quickly growing cross-beak issue.

The survivors were really healthy tho, and in great condition! I would order again tbh, the customer service was good and the birds overall were in good condition. The box they came in was well packaged as well...

Quote:
I've looked on craig's list for the surrounding area and all I can find is white and/or not bearded. I really want some bearded silkies in either buff or blue really bad.
love.gif
I love those guys.

You might ask on the BYC state forum where you live. I have been amazed by the number of folks that raise chickens, including silkies in Georgia.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom