Where can you buy chicks online that have low minimum order requirements?

silentnanny

Chirping
Jul 28, 2021
I've been so frustrated, two of the feed stores near me, the person in front of me bought *all* of the shipment of chicks. This happened not once, but twice in the last week! I only have room for a max of 6 chickens too so its not like I need a lot!... It also gets tough for me due to work, and many places make their chicks available for example at 10am on a workday, but by the time I can leave they're already sold out. I'm so frustrated!!!

So I'm looking online, but many places require 6-12-25 minimum orders :'( which I don't have space for.

Where can you order online that don't require such a high number? Or where else do you get chicks from?

Ouch - that sucks! A lot of stores won't allow that (if someone needs that many birds they're told to make a special order). Do you have a trusted friend, neighbor, relative that could maybe go on the days that chicks come in, to do a pick up for you?

I don't order online but I think My Pet Chicken specifically does smaller minimums. Other options would be private breeders/backyard breeders via things like CL, Facebook, etc. but if you go that route, be careful, do your research, and don't buy birds that you feel sorry for.

I'm actually somewhat surprised you found a 6 minimum. Those minimums are to allow the chicks to help keep each other warm as they need serious warmth when they are that young.

One possibility is to see if you can find someone that you can split an order with. Otherwise, I'd check private options as @rosemarythyme mentioned. Be aware that local sellers will be much more likely to have barnyard mixes and/or not have a real selection.

We order from Myers, 3 is the minimum, and they use heat packs for small orders, we actually have 4 coming in in 2.5 weeks. I've had good luck with them, but fingers crossed once again.

Back
Top Bottom