Has anyone bought Cuckoo Marans from Ideal Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Mom2Munchkins, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Would love to see pictures of the birds, but more importantly the eggs. Curious how dark they are. :) Thanks so much to anyone who has input!

2. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    I bought from Ideal once. I never will again.

3. WhitWhit

WhitWhit Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2012
    I've got three from Ideal that I will try to post pics of after school tomorrow. They are pretty though they all three look a bit different from each other in pattern. One is feather legged. They are around 3 to 4 months so haven't laid eggs yet.

4. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    I'm glad you started this thread. I was wondering about the quality of Ideal's marans as well.

5. Johnies Girls

Johnies Girls Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    I wish I could tell you about shipping from Ideal Poultry and all of their breeds, but I can't. I chose my own variety and picked them up at Ideal's location in Cameron Texas 2 weeks ago. They were all strong chicks, quick to catch on to water & feed. I have had absolutely no problems with a single one of them so far.
    As far the person who was dissatisfied with Ideal Poultry, "Are you sure it wasn't the Postal Service and the time of year (temperature) that caused you grief?"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by