Has anyone bought the nest box on ebay that opens from the back?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by hcppam, May 26, 2011.

1. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. No I haven't. How do you mount it if the back opens up. [​IMG]

3. hcppam

[​IMG] Hi, there, Thank you, it attaches to the side of the coop and it has a nifty door on hinges, check out the link, not sure on the size...is big enough? [​IMG]

4. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:there nice looking, but not for my neck of the woods, there made thin, mine are so insulated its silly LOL, I would love these if I did not live in a cold climate half a year or more lol

5. Huskeriowa

Huskeriowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    Hi,

The product says it is 20 or so inches high. I think they are talking about the exterior of the nest? I would personally ask them about the interior dimensions.

Additionally it says that each accommodates 8 hens? If they mean that each nest is good for 4 hens and there are two nests so that equals eight hens then i understand. If they are meaning that each nest will handle eight layers I doubt it.

It may be a great product, I would just ask questions.

Good luck

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  6. hcppam

Thanks I have asked a few, he sells a single too. I guess the big question is will a buff orpington fix OK?[​IMG] winters are lows are usual around 30- 27, very rarely like this year down to 5 for a few days. new to this not sure what to do. [​IMG]

7. Bev in Nevada

Bev in Nevada Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    I have two of the two nest box's on my 12x12 shed turned into hen house. My Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks fit just fine.

8. hcppam

[​IMG] Oh thanks SOOOooooo Much! SO you like them? I am a couple of months away form worrying about installing them, as my girls are still young but that takes a load off my mind have a great day. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by