Has anyone bought the nest box on ebay that opens from the back?

hcppam

Songster
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Beautiful Big Bear Mountains

karlamaria

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Western montana
Quote:there nice looking, but not for my neck of the woods, there made thin, mine are so insulated its silly LOL, I would love these if I did not live in a cold climate half a year or more lol

Huskeriowa

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 19, 2010
Iowa
My Coop
Hi,

The product says it is 20 or so inches high. I think they are talking about the exterior of the nest? I would personally ask them about the interior dimensions.

Additionally it says that each accommodates 8 hens? If they mean that each nest is good for 4 hens and there are two nests so that equals eight hens then i understand. If they are meaning that each nest will handle eight layers I doubt it.

It may be a great product, I would just ask questions.

Good luck

Last edited:

hcppam

Songster
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Thanks I have asked a few, he sells a single too. I guess the big question is will a buff orpington fix OK?
winters are lows are usual around 30- 27, very rarely like this year down to 5 for a few days. new to this not sure what to do.

Bev in Nevada

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
I have two of the two nest box's on my 12x12 shed turned into hen house. My Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks fit just fine.

hcppam

Songster
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Oh thanks SOOOooooo Much! SO you like them? I am a couple of months away form worrying about installing them, as my girls are still young but that takes a load off my mind have a great day.

Top Bottom