Has anyone bred Pekin and welsh harlequin ducks together??

Pics
While taking my oldest 3 out, I've realized Stella's feather are going to be Amazing. Her mom, Emmie has a beautiful blue-green iridescent stripe on her wing. Well, Stella might have that everywhere. Very hard to capture in pics but you can sort of see some glimpse of it. Shes the top-right & bottom right in these pics.

Attachments

• 20200127_071018.jpg
    20200127_071018.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200127_071620.jpg
    20200127_071620.jpg
    801.3 KB · Views: 9
While taking my oldest 3 out, I've realized Stella's feather are going to be Amazing. Her mom, Emmie has a beautiful blue-green iridescent stripe on her wing. Well, Stella might have that everywhere. Very hard to capture in pics but you can sort of see some glimpse of it. Shes the top-right & bottom right in these pics.
Look how big they are! Practically grown and it seems like it was only yesterday they were born.

Joy is staying pretty congested. Eating & drinking aren't as easy now. Getting a little worried for her. But after cleaning & feeding her this morning, I pulled her on my bed with me & cuddled for a little while. I started rubbing thru the down on her upper chest because she was restless. She calmed right down. Everytime I stopped, shed start chirping until I started again. It was so cute. Shes a spoiled little lady.

I know right?! They are literally almost the same size as Emmie now. I think they still have some growing to do for sure tho... think some of them will be big like Max.
Probably they could be since he's their dad. @Runner duck mom came over yesterday to visit my ducks and we were noticing how much bigger my young boy Patches is than his dad. 2 of my ducks, Jonah and Shelly, are from her duck's eggs and she and her husband were saying how those two look exactly like their parents.

Probably they could be since he's their dad. @Runner duck mom came over yesterday to visit my ducks and we were noticing how much bigger my young boy Patches is than his dad. 2 of my ducks, Jonah and Shelly, are from her duck's eggs and she and her husband were saying how those two look exactly like their parents.
Are they both the same breed? Mine are so different that theres no telling. 1 big, white pekin, and 1 tiny multi colored Welsh.🤣🤣

Are they both the same breed? Mine are so different that theres no telling. 1 big, white pekin, and 1 tiny multi colored Welsh.🤣🤣
@Runner duck mom's ducks are all runners. The eggs came from her 2 fawn/white runners. It's funny because my boy looks exactly like his dad Stu and my girl looks exactly like her mom Sheldon. My other 2 young ones are from my chocolate runner and one of the 6 fawn/white girls. Who knows who baby momma is!

Back
Top Bottom