Has anyone cross a buff orp roo, with RIR hens?

Chickadee-23

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
South Carolina
I have a 3 month old buff orp roo, and I have 2 RIR hens that are 3 months old, i was wanting to breed them, these 3 were the only eggs that hatched out of 6 this past june. Does anyone have any pics of these 2 breeds offspring? If so can u post them thanks!!:)

I haven't but I once found this Buff Orpington and RIR cross on BYC, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/90359/buff-orpington-rhode-island-red-cross
smile.png

Last edited:
Thank you, i found some pics that gave me an idea, they only thing both of my RIR is white & red some not sure wht her babys would look like, im find out they in incubator now dont hatch until october 8, im excited :)

Thank you, i found some pics that gave me an idea, they only thing both of my RIR is white & red some not sure wht her babys would look like, im find out they in incubator now dont hatch until october 8, im excited
smile.png

If your hens are white and red they are not Rhode Island Reds. They may be a cross with Rhode Island Red as one parent. Most likely they are some kind of sex-link chickens.

They were eggs from these hen my grandpa owns, heres a pic of them
he order them all online they were supposed to be RIR chicks, but he has five that are white & red

They were eggs from these hen my grandpa owns, heres a pic of them he order them all online they were supposed to be RIR chicks, but he has five that are white & red

The ones in the background look like Rhode Island Reds. The red and white ones look like red sex-link chickens. The hatchery probably through those in for heat when your grandfather ordered Rhode Island Reds.

A Buff Orpington rooster bred to those hybrid hens will give you a variety of looks. It should be fun to see what comes out of the eggs. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom